Chapter Fourteen - Silent

"What the fuck happened in there..?" Sombra asked under her breath, only tightening her grip on you, as she sounded half rhetorical, and half serious.

You could only stare downwards, strands of hair falling into your view as you briskly walked away from the meeting room, Sombra keeping you in tow.

"Where are we going?" You barely got out, stuttering in your words, and walk.

"Somewhere away from there," She stated, tone harsh and different from her usual light cadence.

Your expression was unreadable, but concerned, staring intently at the woman before you, until you got an idea that would either damn you, or save you.

"Hey," you started, making Sombra give you a sparing glance, before looking straight ahead of her, "Why don't we go to the training room?"

"What, so you can give me a concussion too?" she accused, turning around and shoving your arm away from her, stance wide, and her eyebrows furrowed with a snarl on her lips.

Your retreated your arm to your chest, and your eyebrows curved in surprise, and hurt.  You didn't expect such a reaction from her, and all of the insults being thrown your way today weren't exactly helping either.

"No, no, I just meant we could, get rid of some frustrations, forget about it, y'know?" You persuaded, voice low and solemn, making sure to keep a soft and underwhelming lilt to your voice, as her hand hovered over her gun reflexively. 

She relaxed, but only a bit, her brows, stance, and overall expression slightly returning to normal.

"Is that it?" She asked, on edge and venomous, giving you the once over.

You completely understood why she didn't trust you, you had just beaten the shit out of an operative, and subsequently freaked her out in the meeting room.  Not to mention she had just met you, and first saw you while you were fighting her supposed friend.

"Yes, That's it.  I just want to forget it, trust me." You said honest, and earnestly, eyes and hands pleading with her.

Her expression softened for a moment, before going back to a slightly angered state, much better than before, at least.

"Ugh, fine, lets just get moving already," she sighed, hands going back to her sides, as she took slightly quickened strides to the gym, which you swiftly followed.

"So, whats your fighting style?" You asked, trying to make some kind of light in the conversation as you jogged up to her side, keeping a pace with her.

"Nothing that you know." She stated, not very interested in talking with you, the way she bit her lip told you that she was still shaken up with what happened before, "So we probably can't spar, but maybe you can show me how you use a gun?"

The Mexican woman prompted, finally slowing down as her mood changed yet again.

You flashed her a smile, making her blink a few times from surprise and give a small smile back, giving you the realization that you hadn't given anyone a genuine smile here, not like you much wanted to, though.

"Sounds good! Maybe you can give me a few tips, hmm?" You jested, sparing a stray chuckle.

You knew that you had to do everything in your power to keep her cool, to trust you.  You hated manipulation, or being dishonest in any way, but you didn't see an honest route to go down.  This would have to do, despite your morals and values.

The two of you gave each other a smile, as you happily walked to the gym, easily navigating to two large doors with small meshed windows.  Your feigned grin was beginning to dwell on you as Sombra opened the swinging doors, showing off a few stray janitors cleaning up the ring.