13. Private Party

Girl, relax, let's go slow

I ain't got nowhere to go

I'm just gonna concentrate on you

Girl are you ready? It's gonna be a long night.

Boyz II Men-I'll Make Love to You

When they got to the room, Nathan, with his typical dumbass antics, ran through the room yelling like a five year old. Who knew what Lauren saw in him? She was more reserved and mature while he was immature and spontaneous to the point of stupidity. Following behind them, Alex and Maddox were checking out the bedrooms and common areas. They went to the room nearest the balcony and staked their claim on it. Alex made sure to bring an overnight bag while Maddox was empty handed. Looking on, Sofi and David were standing just inside the living room area. They knew they would not be staying the night so trying to find a room for them was pointless. If they did decide to go to a room for a while, whichever was left over would be sufficient.

"I want you to know something," David was saying to Sofi, "I do not want us to follow the idea that prom night was the night to have sex. I think that if we do, it would seem rushed and we might regret the way it happened. Believe me, it's not like I don't want to. I just want it to be perfect and not planned out." He didn't know if he was being presumptuous thinking it was a possibility of them having sex tonight or if it was a near certainty. Regardless, he wanted her to know, he wanted to wait. He didn't want to feel pressured, but he wanted her to know he his desire for her was more than carnal. When they actually did have sex, he wanted it to be more than a physical connection. His emotional connection to her was the most important thing to him.

"Baby," she started saying, "I didn't want us to do it just because it was prom, either. I'm not saying I would object if things led to that tonight. It's not like we are going to sit here and watch TV or just talk. This night gives us a chance to be alone and just let whatever happens, happen." At this, the tension was gone between them. "They are already in their rooms so we might as well go to the one that's left. No sense sitting out here," Sofi said.

He took her hand and walked into the only bedroom which had an open door and she shut it behind them. David sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled Sofi close to him. With the height of the bed and David sitting, they were almost exactly face to face. He put his hand at the lowest part of her back with one hand and put his other on the side of her face. The kiss that she gave him made him shudder all over.  They made their way to the bed with the intention of just holding each other, maybe making out some.  Regardless of their intentions, they eventually succumbed to the passion that had been building for the past several months.  Afterwards, they lay in the bed holding each other and talking.  

She looked up at him and kissed him slowly. When she pulled away, she said, "David Clifton, I love you so much."

He chuckled at her using his first and last name, but responded, "Sofi Mason, I love you more." David looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was after eleven. "We only have about an hour. I am so afraid will fall asleep, but I want to just lay with you right now."

"I'll set an alarm on my phone so we can lay here. I don't think we'd fall asleep in the next forty-five minutes, but better safe than sorry." She reached over, grabbed her phone and set an alarm for 12:30 then she rolled over toward David. He was laying on his back with his head propped up on the mountain of pillows provided. He held out his left arm and she pulled herself into his side resting her head on his chest. He wrapped his arm back around her and she began tracing hearts on his stomach with her fingertip.

Looking down at her, David said, "How did I get so lucky to have you want to be with me? I spent a long time wondering if I would find someone and I am glad I never did until I met you. You have made me happier than I could have ever been without you."
"Baby, I am the lucky one. I can just be standing near you and feel how much you love me. You make me feel safe just by holding me. You make me feel loved just by looking at me. Sometimes when you think I am not looking, I can see the passion and love in your eyes when you look at me. I never want to be apart from you." Sofi's words were a perfect indication of what true love really was. David truly felt that without Sofi, he would die.

They continued to lay together for forty-five minutes before the alarm was set to go off. David never fell asleep, but Sofi drifted off to sleep. She looked so adorable as she held her face against his chest. He rubbed her hair, careful not to mess up her hair any more than it already was. When the alarm went off, she stirred and looked up at him. When her eyes focused on his, he said "Good morning, sleepy head." At this, she smiled, rolled toward him, and rested her hands on his chest and put her chin on top of her hands. "You look so beautiful, baby," David said she he brushed a piece of hair away from her cheek.

"I probably look like a mess. I can't believe I fell asleep," Sofi said with her barely awake voice.

"You look perfect. I know in this moment, I could wake up to your face for the rest of my life."

When they finally got out of bed, it was 12:45 and they quickly got dressed. They got distracted a few times while helping each other find and put on their clothes. David helped Sofi get into her dress and then zipped her up. They stopped several times to hold each other and kiss. Eventually, they knew they had to finish up so they could make it home on time. While Sofi was texting Lauren and Alex telling them they were leaving, David texted the driver asking him to pull around.

At 12:58, they gave each other a quick glance. They wanted to make it appear like they looked relatively close to what they did before they went upstairs. They knew they driver wouldn't say anything, but they didn't want to advertise to everyone that they had just had sex. Confident they were as close as possible, they made their way to the elevator and through the lobby. The limo was right out front like he said it would be and he opened the door for them to get in the back and shut it behind them.

On the way back to her house, they didn't kiss much. David just wanted to hold Sofi in his arms. He didn't want to let her go and thereby let go of the night. She laid her head on his shoulder and within minutes, she fell onto his chest as she slept. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head and held her close. When they were about a mile from her house, David woke Sofi and told her they were almost home. Just before 1:30, the limo pulled into Sofi's driveway and they waited for the driver to let them out. They kissed softly and when the door opened, they made their way out of the limo. The driver told them goodnight and they thanked him as he went back to the front and got in and left.

Sofi and David embraced at her front door. They didn't want the night to end, but they both knew they were so deeply in love that this was just the beginning of their life together. They kissed again for a few minutes and David pulled her into a hug.

"You need to go to bed, baby. You are wiped out," David whispered in her ear.

"Yeah and you had plenty to do with that, too. I don't want you to go," Sofi said in almost a childlike voice.

"I don't want to go, but you need to get in the bed."

"Yeah, and I don't want you to get any sleepier since you have to drive home."
"Ok, well I am going to go. I will text you when I get home to let you know I got there safe."

Sofi let out a little groan knowing he was about to leave. "Ok, I will stay awake until you text me."

"I love you so much, baby." David pulled her close to him as he said this.

"I love you, too," Sofi replied. "Be careful going home."

"I will," David said while smiling at her.

"Bye, baby."

"Bye."

The entire way home, David replayed the night in his head still in disbelief that he was in love for the first time in his life. He was one of the lucky ones that found the love of his life and he never wanted it to end.