11. words of the dead

~ Please check the end of this chapter for a neat new announcement ;) Have a great read! ~

— Rob —

The scenario in his head right now was the same he always visited when he was alone. He and Léon together in a forest, lying side by side. He reached for Léon's hand and brought it to his lips, kissing his slender fingers like the passionate, thoroughly lost lover he was.

"Kiss me, Bhalu," Léon whispered.

Rob would obey, devoted, their lips meeting again and again and again until Léon started to undress him.

At first, back in 2048, a few months after Rob's arrival in OC, the Léon in Rob's imagination had a smile on his lips. As the weeks, months, and years passed, that smile was replaced by a frown and teary eyes that reflected Rob's sad expression.

Rob missed him so much.

He let out a sad sigh and pulled his pajama pants up in a mix of frustration and anguish. There was something wrong with him—he just couldn't.

Rob got up and squeezed into his tiny bathroom. He washed his hands, walked back, and sat on his double bed like a prisoner in a cell.

It'd been a nightmare to pay for that old bed—double beds are much more expensive, and Rob wanted a fancy one, almost as big as his small room—but he had always fantasized about bringing Léon here.

After all, Rob and Léon had shared a few comfortable nights in motels with king-sized beds in New Continent, but most of their love was made and lived in that narrow sofa-bed in Léon's house. It was comforting and wonderful because Léon was at his side, sleeping and purring on his chest like the big cat he was, but Rob always wanted to give his man something better.

Léon deserved it. But... four years later, Rob was still thousands of kilometers away from completing that fantasy.

... Maybe Léon deserved someone better, too.

"Don't go there," Rob told himself in a husky voice, balling his hands. "Focus on what you can do."

His eyes stung anyway.

Behind him, coming from his phone, the moanings intensified. He turned around and saw the two hunks together. Léon would love that video. Sexy, rough, and kind of tacky, he would say.

He sighed. He couldn't even bloody masturbate anymore.

Rob turned the video off and tossed the phone aside as a shade of frustration darkened his face. He closed his eyes. Pressure built in his throat while the muscles on his forehead tensed.

He missed Léon so much. Not only for the physical side of things, of course. He missed his touch, voice, laugh, and the slight twitch in his lips every time Rob made mistakes in Villain Trivia. But more than anything, he missed having him and his sharp mind at his side. His witty remarks, intelligent observations, honesty, and the gentle way his eyelids downed and his spirits lifted every time he looked at someone he loved.

Rob could only imagine how lonely Léon felt without his family all those years.

Léon, if you can hear me—

He closed his eyes.

A knock on the door woke him up. "Robbie? You decent?"

There was a thick layer of sleep on his eyelids and a dried trail of tears on his cheeks when Rob sat up. He looked around to get his bearings and cleared his throat to say, "Yeah. Come in, sis."