10

We discussed the day's events and my doctor appointment the day after tomorrow.

I went to bed in Jordan's room. I left the family talking to Anthony about his news and drinking problem. I don't even think about sleeping in the guest room any more. I fall asleep before Jordan comes in. He crawls into bed about an hour later.

He snuggles up behind me and falls asleep. I feel so safe in his arms. I go back to sleep.

I wake up to my leg hurting. Nobody else has come in here so I know that it isn't that. I try moving it to a more comfortable position. Nothing works. I pull the covers off, it helps a little.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Jordan asks in a sexy, sleepy voice.

"My leg hurts. I'm ok. Go back to sleep, honey." I kiss his nose.

"You expect me to sleep while you are hurting? I'm not that guy."

"I know you're not. But there is nothing that you can do."

He gets up and puts on a pair of shorts. Then he leaves the room. Several minutes later he returns with an ice pack, water, and half of a pain pill. He gives me the pill and water. Then props my leg on a couple pillows and applied the ice pack. "There! I have proved you wrong. There is apparently a few things that I can do. I will do anything for you, sweetheart. Even if I have to move a mountain, stone by stone. I love you!"

"I love you too, Jordan! Thank you for being my hero! Ever and always! I love you!"

Within a few minutes, I felt sleep coming on......

I hear voices, but I can't seem to wake up. I know that one of them is Jordan. Another is Geoff.

"She had a rough night with her leg. I gave her half a pain pill."

"And she took it? I have never known her to take anything more than tylenol for pain."

"I honestly didn't know if she would take it. That's why I halfed it. But she was hurting so bad and trying to put me at ease."

I manage to mumble and move my hand. I felt Jordan take my hand in his. "I'm here, sweetheart."

I open my eyes and see that Jordan and Geoff are the only ones in here.

"Good morning sleepy head! How are you feeling?" Geoff asked as he sat beside me.

"Better. What time is it?"

"It is almost ten."

"Ten? I never sleep that late! I'm so sorry, Jordan! I must be getting lazy."

"Take it easy, sweetheart. It was the pain pill that made you sleep late. Nobody is looking down at you. We all know that you needed some rest."

My stomach growled at me and I blushed. I got out of bed and dressed to go downstairs. Reba and Cassidy were in the kitchen.

"There she is!" Reba warmed up a plate for me.

"Thank you! I apologize for sleeping so long."

"You're on vacation, sweetie! You're supposed to rest."

After I ate, we were sitting on the back porch watching the animals when my phone rang. "Hello? This is Sierra."

"Ms. Sierra! This is Victor Martinez. Is there a reason why you are late to our meeting?" My favorite, blunt client asked instead of greeting me. Nothing new there.

"Mr. Martinez, our appointment is on the 30th. This is the 18th."

"It was the 30th until you told that suck up idiot, Jones to reschedule for today. Then you don't show up. What the hell is going on?"