13

The week flew by and I was finished with my last appointment.

I go into my office and start researching how much I will charge Terrence. We had signed a partnership contract when we started up the agency, after college. He will have to pay me half of the fair market value of the agency plus what outstanding contracts that I have.

When I have the total, I'm wondering if he can afford two hundred fifty-seven thousand. I send everything to my lawyer to draw up the contract. Then shoot him an email telling him that legal has the information.

I stand and hobble to the window and look out. My mind wanders to my next phase in life. Will I be happy in Colorado? Should I keep the house? Or sell it before leaving? Does Jordan really want me in Colorado for a long relationship? Does he really want to marry me?

I hate this insecurity that I have! It seems like when I'm with Jordan, I am as confident as I was in high school. I knew what I wanted, needed, and how to get it. I had no doubts. When I'm alone, I don't know how I fit in anywhere.

I hear my door open but I don't turn at first.

"I am not in the mood for visitors, Nichole." I said without looking back. I don't hear a reply. I turn and see Jordan silently walking to me. He opened his arms. "Not even me?"

"Oh Jordan!" I turn and start towards him. Jordan scoops me into his arms, holding me tightly. My crutches fall away unnoticed. "I have missed you so much, Jordan!" I almost start crying.

"Hey, hey, sweetheart! What's wrong? Tell me." I felt his lips kiss my temple.

"Nothing is wrong, honey. I'm just a little emotional right now." I explained that this was my last day in the office. A place that was my only sanctuary since I graduated college. Through everything that has happened in my life, my office and work have always calmed me.

"What can I do to help you?" He asked as he sat down in my chair with me on his lap. He takes care not to hurt my leg.

"Hold me, without complaining about the tears. There may be a few."

"I can definitely do that! And I'll even take you to dinner."

"You're so awesome!"

We were interrupted by Terrence coming in without knocking..... again. "Sierra, I have looked over the contract and agree with it." He paused as he realized that I'm not alone. "Oh! I apologize. I didn't know that you had a visitor. New client?"

"Nope! Why would I have a new client sitting in my chair. Especially if I am sitting in his lap. So did you sign the contract?" I asked without introducing Jordan.

"I did. You'll have the check in an hour. Hello! I am Terrence Jones." He extended his hand.

Jordan didn't shake it. "I know who you are. I also know that you knew that I was here with Sierra. We passed each other in the hallway as I walked to Nichole's desk and asked after Sierra. I'm Jordan Carson, Sierra's boyfriend."

Terrence lowered his hand and blushed. "Nice meeting you. Sierra is a wonderful woman."

"So why did you try sabotaging her work and reputation?"

"Let's change the subject. Shall we?" I asked. Terrence had told me that he was being pressured by his family to boot me out of the agency. We came to an agreement that I would leave and he would stop his snooping.

"Yes! Let's do that. Drake and Geoff are coming to help move you out of here. They should be here any moment. What needs to be packed?" Jordan asked me.

"We have the boxes!" I hear Geoff say from the doorway. We all look at him.

"Hello Drake! You sure are looking sexy!" That earned a growl from Jordan.