11

We get back to the ranch and all hell breaks loose. As we pull to a stop and get out, I hear Thor screaming.

  "Jordan!" He is looking towards the paddock.

  We start that way. I go as fast as I could.

  Thor was backing out of the stall. When his neck and head appear. He was covered with a blanket. There is also a rope around his neck. "What the hell?" We both said at once.

  I get to the fence and Jordan helps me over. I start talking to Thor as we get closer. He is still trying to get the blanket off of his head.

  "Thor, honey, I'm here. I'm going to get you free. Calm down for me, honey."

  Thor starts calming. Jordan signals to someone behind us. My attention stays on Thor. "Ok Thor. I'm at the fence." Thor starts slowly walking to me. "Can you come to me? Can you walk to the fence? Come on Thor. You can do this. You are so brave." Thor was almost to me. "That's it sweetheart. Almost there now. You're doing so good!" Thor stood just inches from me now. "Ok, baby. I'm going to take the blanket off. You are safe, baby. Stay calm for me."

  I take the blanket and rope off and Thor immediately backed away nervously. He looked around the paddock. Thor slowly walked to me. Then sniffed me and Jordan. When we got his approval, Thor laid his head over my shoulder. I rubbed his neck.

  "You're safe Thor. You are safe." Jordan told him. "He is safe, Sierra."

  "Who would do such a mean thing to him?" I asked him as Thor lifted his head.

   "I don't know, but I will find out. Animals are safe here. My guess is that the bastard who hurt you is guilty of it." We watched as Thor walked around his paddock. Jordan went and opened a gate between the paddock and the corral. Then we went out to the truck. Thor was watching us.

   Drake, Geoff, and Gage came out of the barn with Thor's attackers. They had been beaten. It was the two who had hurt me. I also noticed that Geoff is carrying some rope and a whip. I gasped. "They were going to whip him!"

  "I called dad. He's on his way." Gage said as he stopped the men by the truck. He shoved them to sit on the grass.

  "Hurting me wasn't enough for you? You had to go after a horse? How freaking sick are you? You stupid bastard!"

I heard a truck coming up behind me. I knew that it was Martin. He gets out of the truck and approaches us. He doesn't stop until he has both guys collars in his hands and they are up against the truck. "First you hurt Sierra. Then you hurt my horse. Do you have any brain cells? You are both fired! Immediately! Since you were paying me back for Sierra's medical expenses, neither of you have a pay. You are no longer welcome on the WhatKnot ranch. If you come back on my land, you will not see another day. Any questions?"

  "We need our clothes." The idiot said.

  "Here they are boss." Jake, a ranch hand said. "We also brought their car."

  "Get a picture of the car and these two." He told me. I did as he asked then he let them go. "Your faces are going to be plastered everywhere. So you better run."

  The bastards left in a hurry.

  "I'll get right on making the fliers. Jordan, can you carry the printer in and set it up where I won't be in the way of anyone?" Jordan nodded and lifted it out of the truck.

  "Seriously Sierra? You bought a printer to work on vacation?" Geoff said as if he was disappointed in me. Again!

  "You should seriously start having some faith in me!" I refuse to explain myself again. I looked at him for a moment longer, then turned and walked away. I grabbed my other bags from the truck and hobbled toward the house, struggling with the bags. My heart hurts because my best friend doubts me. Gage took the bags from me. But he didn't follow right away.