20

We get everything settled then go to the main house for lunch. "I need to decide if we will be here for our meals. Or cook at home." I tell Jordan.

"I think that we should eat at mom's until you're able to walk without crutches."

"I'll ask mom what she thinks."

We walk into the house and hear Anthony and Cassidy talking to Reba. "So if they have moved out. Does that mean that I can move in?" Cassidy asked.

"What does their moving have to do with you moving in?"

"Well we are wanting Jordan's room. Since it is bigger." Anthony explained.

"Well then you should wait until after they marry. We will have guest staying in that room for the wedding. Maybe you two should clean your room. Then it will feel bigger."

"Why should I clean his room?"

"They can have my room."

"You heard me. Don't try to out argue me. You'll never get that room. Don't like my rules? Move out." Reba was getting heated. "I will not be cleaning up after you. You're both adults, so grow up."

"I think that we should eat at home." I whisper to Jordan.

"We don't have groceries, sweetheart. Come on. They'll stop when mom has back up." He guides me into the kitchen.

"Hey mom, what can we do to help?" Jordan asked.

"Just sandwiches for lunch. I need tomatoes sliced, onions sliced, and lettuce peeled. Can someone get me the pickles from the pantry?"

I saw Cassidy start to make tracks. "Cassidy, can you hand me a couple bowls for the veggies?"

She turned and looked at me as if she didn't understand the words I said. "Two small bowls should be good for the tomatoes and onions. Along with a medium bowl for the lettuce. Mom, do you want a bowl for the pickles? Or leave them in the jar?" I asked innocently.

"A small bowl should work."

"Those are in the upper cabinet next to the sink." Jordan volunteers as he came from the pantry with the pickles and onions.

I reached in a drawer for a knife. Jordan went to the fridge and brought me the tomatoes. I pulled out a cutting board and got busy cutting the veggies.

Cassidy reluctantly got me the bowls.

Reba made tea. "Anthony and Cassidy, can you set the table? There's some chips in the pantry and cheese in the fridge."

Cassidy rolled her eyes. I almost said something, but I refrained. We get lunch fixed and on the table as everyone started coming in.

"Jordan, can you get the mayo, mustard, and lunch meat from the fridge?"

"Yes ma'am!''

As we ate, Martin was talking about some yearlings that he wanted separated from the herd. Jordan volunteered to help bring them in after lunch.

"I'll go up and deep clean your room. That will get it ready for any guest that will be staying in it. Reba, is there anything else that I can do to get ready for everyone? Or do you want us to do it next week? "

"I'll do it next week."

"Well I will definitely help. After all, I am the reason that people will be staying here. The least that I can do is help with everything."

"I will let you know what I need help with when the time comes. You have plenty to do in the next week."

"Yes ma'am! I need to buy groceries for one. I also need to check on my dresses and get some shoes. Hopefully, the store will have them by now. If not, then I'll find some other ones. I also have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can get rid of the crutches."