𝔦𝔦𝔦 | third year

I feel groggy the next morning, and in our Care of Magical Creatures class, I can barely keep my eyes open. That is, until Malfoy decides to harass poor Harry Potter, again.

Aurora nudges me awake as I hear, "Dementor! Dementor!" Coming from my left. I look up to see Harry and Draco at it again. I roll my eyes.

"Can't you leave the poor boy alone for once, Malfoy." I shout, holding my book in front of my face so he can't tell who said it. Aurora giggles from beside me, trying to hide her laugh in the sleeve of her robe.

"Which one of you filthy Hufflepuffs said that?" Malfoy accused a group of Hufflepuffs next to us, "You better come clean or my father will hear about the whole lot of you, and you shouldn't expect to get a letter to come back to Hogwarts." He sneers at them and they raise their eyebrows in surprise, confused.

I look up at Harry, and see him looking at me. He smiles and nods a thank you, making sure I know that he noticed what I said. I blush and turn to Aurora, "That didn't just happen." I whisper, laughing under my breath.

"That did just happen!" Aurora almost squeals, and I shush her, "Potter has gotten so much cuter over the summer! Do you think you like him?"

I look at her, surprised, "Uh, I don't know. Doesn't every girl? He's famous and handsome, what more could you want?"

She laughs, "I don't know, I think Oliver Wood is more my type." She sighs dreamily and I laugh.

"He's also a seventh year. I don't think he's even noticed any of us third years, except for Harry. Speaking of Oliver and Harry, we're going to that Quidditch game tonight, right?" I ask her.

"Of course. It's Oliver's last year. He has to win the Quidditch Cup this year. He can't lose it to us again." I laugh at her apparent crush on the Gryffindor Quidditch captain, so much so that she would sacrifice us losing the Quidditch cup.

Just as our conversation wraps up, Hagrid walks into the clearing to begin our lessons. He has brought a magnificent beast for us to study today, and it's name is Buckbeak, which of course, Malfoy has to find some reason to mess with the poor creature. He ended up causing a huge scene and pretending he has broken a bone when the creature barely scratched his arm. He had to be carried to the medical wing. The class is interesting enough; however, and we even got to see Harry fly on Buckbeak's back.

Later, at the Quidditch game, Malfoy seems to be doing fine, though his arm is bandaged up in a cast. However, he caused such a fuss about his "broken bone" that instead of playing Slytherin, Gryffindor was to be playing Hufflepuff tonight. 

"Gods, Malfoy is such a drama queen," I roll my eyes to Aurora. She laughs and I look behind her shoulder to see Blaise Zabini, who creeps up next to us. 

"Ladies," He greets us, "Haven't seen you two around in a while." I scoff. Blaise is one of my mutual friends, through Aurora, but he is also tight with Malfoy, though he has been growing closer to us in recent months, "What's all that about, Larkspur?" He chuckles.

"Don't be caught around a dirty half-blood, Blaise," I roll my eyes, "Malfoy might hex you."

"No matter how pure your blood is, Larkspur, you will always be a nuisance." Blaise says, teasing me, "Doesn't help that you're the daughter of the biggest blood traitor of all." My face falls at his accusation. 

"Shut up, Blaise. Y/N doesn't share the burden of the actions of her father, and you can't be one to judge. How did your mother get all her money again? And why do you have seven dead stepfathers?" Aurora shoots back at Blaise, "Seems awful suspicious, doesn't it, Y/N?"

"A little." I cross my arms and glare at Blaise. He looks taken aback, his eyebrows raised. 

"Wow, it's really hard for me just to find a place to sit and watch the game, among friendly company." Blaise says, annoyed, "Why can't I just sit here and be civil with you two. I have nothing against your damned blood, Larkspur."

"Good," I smile in confidence, "Then you're welcome to sit here, Zabini." He sits next to Aurora and hands us packs of licorice wands as a peace offering. 

The game is a rush of excitement, and we're on our toes for half of it. Aurora blushes almost every time Oliver Wood gets the ball, cheering secretly for Gryffindor, since they're winning by a landslide. That is, until the rain begins. The game has been going on for a while, and neither Potter nor the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory, have found the snitch yet. 

"This rain is getting pretty bad, Y/N," Aurora says, shielding her face with her sleeve, "As much as I want to stay and watch, I have a feeling we should get going." I nod, just as a large slice of lightning cuts against the sky. I gasp and stand up with Aurora.

"Oh no!" Someone screams, "Potter's got a dementor on him!" Aurora, Blaise, and I turn around in shock, just to see Harry fall from the rainy sky, his broom no where in sight. 

"And the Gryffindor seeker is down! Diggory's got the snitch! GAME, HUFFLEPUFF!" The announcer yells throughout the arena. I'm still in shock. I thought the dementors were there to protect us from Sirius Black, not to scare us. 

I hurry back to the girls dormitories with Aurora, hoping that Harry Potter is able to recover from that horrific fall.