𝔵𝔩𝔦𝔦 | sixth year

Light streams into the closet as I pull myself away from Draco to see Aurora, utter shock on her face, "What the hell is this?" 

"Nothing!" Draco shouts at her drunkenly. Aurora grabs him by his collar, pulling him out of the room, and slams the door on me. For a second I try to adjust to the light, and fiddle with the doorknob, finding it locked. Aurora.

I pull my wand out of my waistband and whisper, "Alohomora," but by the time I've opened the door, Aurora and Draco are gone and everything seems like a dream. I stagger down the hallway, making my way through the common room, where the party still seems to be in full swing, and out the door. 

Once I'm in the halls, I lay down on the cool stone floor, gazing up to the tall ceilings, trying to piece together what happened to me tonight. A voice comes from beside me, "Are you alright, dearie?" The Fat Lady looks concerned at my condition. 

I stumble to my feet, responding, "Yes, I'm just on my way home." She gives me a curt look and tells me to be careful as I make my way back to my common room. 

My adventure home is treacherous, I get on multiple staircases that change directions, and I get lost a couple times while navigating the hallways, but in the end, I make it home safely. The common room is dead silent when I enter, not even a peep from the dormitories. Most of the house should still be out. 

My feet almost trip over themselves as I try to make myself walk up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. When I get to my bed, I pass out on the spot, still in my clothes and makeup. 

I'm awoken to Daphne shaking me harshly, wondering where I've been, "I've been looking everywhere for you, Y/N!" She breathes heavily, and I sit up, concerned. It still seems to be dark outside, and I wonder if even an hour has passed since I fell asleep. 

Aurora's bed is still empty. Even Pansy is back in the dorms asleep in her bed, so my mind races with reasons why Aurora is still out, "Where's Aurora and Draco?"

"Why would I know?" She brushes hair out of my face, "Now go back to sleep, I'm sorry for waking you up. I was just making sure you were alive." I chuckle, and she yawns. We say goodnight and I fall back into my slumber, almost forgetting I even was awake. 

The next day, dealing with a horrifying headache, Hermione and I sit in the great hall studying for a Defense Against the Dark Arts test we have the next day. Unlike her usual self, Hermione doesn't really seem like she wants to be studying. She's too preoccupied with the Slug Club Christmas party, "Have you asked anyone?"

"No, I'm probably just going to go alone." I sigh, scribbling down some notes about Banshees into my textbook. 

"No, you can't do that!" She looks genuinely concerned with my situation, whereas I could care less about who I go to the Slug Club party with. 

"Who are you going with, Hermione?"

She rolls her eyes, "Cormac," She spits out his name with annoyance, but continues, "I don't think Harry's got a date yet if you want to consider asking him."

"No, he's going with Luna," I reply, having talked to Luna earlier about my dilemma, "Maybe I'll ask Neville or Seamus... I don't even know then that well, though."

"Well," She pauses for a second, closing her textbook after starring a section to read later, "I've been meaning to ask you... Is it true that someone caught you and Malfoy snogging in a broom closet at the Gryffindor party last night." She looks a little upset, so I decide to deny everything. 

"What?" I almost shout, getting defensive, "Why would I ever do that? You know we hate each other!" I try to look as shocked as possible, but I feel like I did a horrible job denying the truth. 

"Oookay, I believe you." She cocks an eyebrow, "Just wanting to warn you that maybe you shouldn't be the subject of strange rumors involving Draco Malfoy, especially with how he treats you."

"Yeah, I know." I respond, getting up to leave, "See you later, Hermione." Looks like I'm going to have to find a date by tonight, which I'm dreading. I walk out of the great hall, my books under my arm, watching as students passing by, trying to find someone I know well enough to ask. 

Almost as if I wished him there, Draco sits in an alcove in a leather seat, watching me. I approach him slowly, "Where did you disappear to last night? You and Aurora seemed awfully suspicious sneaking off somewhere and locking me in a broom cupboard."

"If you're asking if I'm seeing her than I'll remind you that she's currently in a relationship with Blaise." He says curtly, examining his wand.

"I could care less what you do with her, I just think the two of you are plotting something." I cross my arms, "You're dreadful."

"You say that now..." He smirks, letting me finish his sentence. 

"When are you going to stop leading me on, snogging me in closets, and being a prick to my face during the day," I speak out, my words spilling out of my mouth too quickly for me to stop them, "I'm done with you." I'm really not. I know myself, and I'll let myself get strung along by Malfoy until he ends it.

"How about you take me to that little Slug Club party," He stands up, lifting my chin with his hand, "Then we can talk."

He walks away and I curse him under my breath.