𝔵𝔵𝔳𝔦𝔵 | fifth year

draco's pov–

I know Father would be ashamed of me for feeling this way about someone like her, but it hurts me to try and forget about her, and every time that I do she finds her way back into my life, sitting in the common room with her damned cat. 

The next morning, I sit at the Slytherin table in thought, Crabbe and Goyle beside me. Recently, they've been trying to get me to join the Inquisitorial Squad, but after last night, I don't think I want to anymore. The thought of getting Y/N in trouble, when I know she's up to something, even if it means getting blasted Potter caught for his little group, just feels wrong. 

Something about her is so unfamiliar yet I feel like I've known her for longer than I have. She's so aggravating and forthright, and I can usually read people easily, but Y/N... she's impossible. I'm astonished at my own bravery for making a move on her, but the words she said afterward still echo in my head. Draco? Are you okay? 

Everything she does makes me angry, and maybe it's because I feel like I'm always chasing her, but in the candlelight last night I felt like I had finally caught up. That it, until the words from Father's letter rang in my head. 

Draco, 
It's true, son. I'll explain more when you arrive home. Success lies in our future. 

Regards, Father

Father is a Death Eater. I had sent him a letter weeks earlier, after figuring it out myself, asking him in code if it was the truth. I felt like an idiot. Crabbe and Goyle pretty much told me their parents were serving You-Know-Who, and that he really was... back. Father's words struck me with fear, and made me wonder if he wants me to follow in his footsteps. Hopefully, Mother won't let him do that. 

I might share the same ideals as my father, but if he really follows You-Know-Who, that means he believes people like Y/N should be killed and ousted from the wizarding world, not deserving of their powers. I don't think I can stomach following someone who will do that to people. 

As much as I hate to admit it, mudbloods like her can be brilliant. And she is. I glance down the table, trying to find her, but it appears she hasn't even come to breakfast. Maybe avoiding me. 

People around me start to get up, and I follow their lead, hoping that I can try to explain myself to her later. Maybe I'll say I drank some firewhiskey and didn't have my wits about me, but that sounds dimwitted. 

Why is this even getting to me? I should just ignore her. How hard can it be? We're just acquaintances, I don't even know anything about her other than the fact that she's a blood-traitor's daughter... and a brilliant kisser. 

I try to shake how I feel for her off. She isn't worth my time. 

At least that's what I tell myself.