18

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚18.i wish i was u

❝i hated you, did you know that?❞

i hated you, did you know that?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the volleyball tournament seemed to be edging near and at a much quicker pace than [name] first imagined. she made sure to put in the effort this time round, — all while ignoring the nervous feeling she has when being around ami — getting herself involved in the improvement of the cheerleader club. though most of the younger members seemed to not enjoy the new, strict [name] that replaced the old, uninvolved one but it was obvious the team greatly benefited from finally having a captain that was finally willing to help out. thank god for sugawara huh?

bidding goodbye to a tired out makoto, [name] exited the clubroom, only to be met when the blonde haired girl that filled her with anxiety, leaning against the wall.

"i know what yukio said to you," ami stated sharply, "i was looking for him and overheard you two talking the other day." the sour tone in her voice made the words catch in [name]'s throat. she was only able to let out a barely audible oh.

ami sighed, finally looking up at the older girl. "i hated you, did you know that?" she asked, the other girl replied with a weak nod which made ami chuckle a little. "it's funny, seeing you like this, all nervous, it gives me butterflies knowing i'm the cause of it."

[name] didn't really know what to say and just shifted her weight between her feet. it felt as if she were to speak right now, ami would get insanely angry. her calm exterior didn't seem right in this situation or maybe it was just [name] overthinking but either way, she didn't feel like risking it and would rather settle for uncomfortable silence.

"i wanted to look like you, i just wanted to be you so bad," ami bladdered on like she was having some sort of drunk confession, though she was completely sober. "and i never understood why you didn't use these sorts of things to your advantage because if the roles were reversed and you looked me and i looked like you, i would've tortured you for even being near me."

"why?" [name] spoke up. ami side eyed the cheer captain, her hand was squeezed tightly to strap of her bag, controlling the anger she felt inside.

"you look perfect and i'm... not." ami forced out.

"people can't take their eyes off you, you're so much better than everyone, i want that so, so bad." she explained. "if was you, my ego would be too big for my own good, i'd be more unbearable than i already am but i guess you kinda use your looks to your advantage too, i mean to like get away with being so emotionally unavailable with everyone."

"we're both bitches but different types, two sides of same coin you know?" she chucked. ami let out a sigh when [name] didn't laugh along at her shitty joke so decided to continue. "when yukio told you that he'd rather be with you, i wanted to kill you... but then i realised all that hatred i've had for all these years, it was just jealousy..."

"what are you saying?" [name] stuttered. ami chuckled again a little and turned to face the cheer captain, staring right into her eyes.

"i don't hate you [name] [lastname], i just really, really envy you," she smiled. [name] swallowed and then forced a soft smile back.

"i don't hate you either ami, i'm just no good at showing it," [name] said.

"i noticed," ami laughed, walking over to get closer to her cheer captain.

"to think though, if yukio wasn't such a dumbass, i would've never gotten to tell you."

"are you going to break up with him?" [name] asked. ami lips tugged into a larger, innocent smile.

"well obviously, that idiot is dead to me."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

omg we're at 7k i can't believe it 🥺