26

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚26.in the storage closet

❝you're too cute to be cool❞

you're too cute to be cool

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

tuffs of silver hair caught [name]'s eye. he had his back to her, walking down the hallway with two other third years. they were both on the volleyball team with sugawara but she had forgotten their names. [name] scrunched her nose up, they sort of put a dent in her plan. [name] didn't think that sugawara would be with anyone when she went to talk to him but it wasn't going to stop her.

she wasn't going to be a pussy about this!

[name] puffed her cheeks, clenched her firsts tight and marched over to the trio. without a word she grabbed sugawara's hand (who thankfully wasn't standing in between the two other boys, that would be way more difficult for her) and dragged him away. she could hear his shouts of confusion and protest but she didn't turn around or say anything and kept her eyes in front, holding his hand tight.

she hadn't really planned to drag him away unwillingly by force but this was how it was going...

she pushed him in a nearby storage cupboard in panic and slammed the door behind her. [name] and sugawara both stood in silence for a while staring at each other with wide eyes. "before you say anything can you let me speak?" [name] asked, causing sugawara's mouth to close shut and refrain from asking any questions.

[name] took a breath. the words seemed to get caught in her throat even after practicing all night. she really was no good with words. "i—uh," she started, taking a few more shaking breaths before beginning to properly speak trying not to stutter. "i'm really sorry, okay?"

"i got scared and i panicked and i didn't know what to do, i shouldn't have ran away, i shouldn't have lashed out and i'm really sorry," she hung her head low and pressed her lips into a thin line. sugawara stayed silent. "i — uh i'm no good a relationships, especially this kind," [name] went on, motioning a finger between her and sugawara, "but i've thought about it and i don't know about love but i really, really like you suga and i hope you can at least forgive me," she finished, looking up at the grey haired setter staring at her intently, their eyes meeting. she gave him an awkward smile.

"but if i've put you off me and you don't feel the same anymore more then i completely understa—" [name] tried to go back on her words but was completely cut off by sugawara closing the gap between them and time seemed to stop. [name] breath hitched in her throat and her heart pounded hard in her chest.

nothing else mattered in that moment, not even how shit of place this was to have a first kiss with someone. his lips felt so soft on hers and it was prefect. sugawara's eyes where clenched shut and his hands were placed carefully on her face, his thumb caressing [name]'s cheek. [name] slowly let her body relax and eased herself into the kiss, letting her hands make their way to his waist and holding tightly. she couldn't help but open her eyes a few times just confirming that he was real and she wasn't imagining all of this.

[name]'s whole body tingled as his lips moved against hers in sync. the fluttering feeling in her stomach never went away even when sugawara's mouth left hers. his hands left her cheeks and went to her waist. [name] bit her lip to keep her from smiling a little to hard. sugawara placed his forehead on hers just like he had down that day when they were the couch. "so you really, really like me huh?" he chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows.

[name] rolled her eyes but the smile never left her lips. "yeah," she nodded with a small laugh. her hands travelled up to the sides of his face, pulling him back in again for another kiss. [name] could feel sugawara smiling as she kissed him. the two eventually had to separate due to them both laughing too much.

"this is the worst place i've kissed anyone," [name] giggled, playing with the ends strands of hair at the beginning of sugawara's neck. sugawara laughed along and raised an eyebrow.

"really?" he asked with smile, fiddling with the fabric of the waist band of her skirt. [name] nodded.

"it smells of shit," [name] told him. sugawara teared his eyes away from her, taking a long sniff and he let the smell of the room fill his nostrils.

"it does," he gasped, sarcastically. [name] giggled again, "good thing you smell good though, right?" [name] snorted and hit her head against his chest, laughing aloud. "what? was that too cringey?" he whined, lifting his hands to place them on her shoulders and pushed her up from his chest. [name] nodded, pressing her lips into a thin line to stop her from laughing. sugawara groaned and buried his head in the crook of her neck in fake embarrassment. "damnit, i'm supposed to sound cool!" he chuckled. [name] leaned her cheek on the top on his head.

"you're too cute to be cool," she teased, still playing with his hair. sugawara groaned again, his warm breath hitting [name]'s neck as he laugh and spoke.

"just wait until see me at the tournament then you'll see how cool i am really am," sugawara smiled, pushing himself off her shoulder to look [name] in the eyes. she hummed in amusement.

"does this mean you forgive me?" she asked with a smile. sugawara hummed and lent his head back in thought.

"i don't know..." he trailed off, going back to place his forehead back onto hers. "i think you'll have to kiss me again just to make sure," he teased, looking [name] dead in the eyes with a smirk. [name] narrowed her eyes and looked back at him and his shit eating smile.

"fine," she smiled, pulling him in once again.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

what you've all been waiting for 👀👀👀👀