Bonding

UA dorms- 11:00, Izuku's PoV

It's been a few days since I last saw Toga. I hate to admit it, but I want to see her as soon as possible. Then as if on command, my phone vibrated and showed an unknown number.

"Heyyy"

I won't deny, I got my hopes up and shot up from my bed as I typed a response.

"Hey, is this Toga?"

I eagrly awaited a response.

"I'm sorry. Who's Toga?"

I fell back on my bed, full of disappointment. Then I receive another message.

"OMG IZU YOUR FACE XD"

I looked around suddenly confused, then I looked back to my phone.

"Look outside Izu"

I turn to see Toga, leaning back in a tree branch outside my dorm window. She mouths "I'll be waiting" and then she vanishes. I shoot off my bed and run downstairs. Before I can leave the dorm, I'm stopped by Bakugo.

"Oi Deku. Where do you think you're going?" I turned to face him and say "I'm going to meet a friend." He grinned. "Oh yeah? You're going to see a friend? Don't lie." He leaned in to whisper something again. "If you leave, I might tell them about how you got your quirk."

I activated Full Cowling. "You wouldn't dare," I growled at him. Then before he could say anything else, I turned and darted out trying to make up for a lost time. I didn't see him smiling.

XXX City- 11:23

I jump onto the roof of the building, expecting to see Toga. I looked around until suddenly a blur jumped out at me, knocking me over.

"T-Toga what are you doing?" looking up I saw Toga on top of me with a knife in her hand. Her eyes were like an animal that had been driven mad. "Blood... Need blood..." She muttered as she raised her knife. She bore her fangs like a wolf getting ready to attack.

"Himiko wait!" She froze, returning to normal for a few seconds. "Izuku I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you but I need blood or I'll go crazy." As she shifted back into her animalistic state, I pulled down my shirt to reveal my collar bone. "Here." I closed my eyes, praying it would work and I wouldn't have to say anything. I opened one eye to see that while she wanted the blood, she was very hesitant about possibly hurting me.

"It's ok" I didn't wanna say anything else but just waited. I felt a slight ping of pain in my collarbone but only inhaled air through gritted teeth. I knew she could tell that it hurt me and I was pulling through the pain for her. As she started reverting back to normal, I would feel her tears falling onto my skin. I pulled her head in and said "Hey don't cry. It's not your fault. I forgive you." and we stayed like that.

*Growl*

I look at Himiko, who was still sleeping on my chest. I didn't want to leave her, but I didn't want to bother her or wake her up. Using my free arm, I pull out my phone asking my mom if I could bring a friend home. I got a quick reply saying she wasn't home, but it was fine. As Toga begins to wake up, I carried her jumping from roof to roof. After about 17 minutes, we arrived at my house.

I open the door and carry Toga to my couch, then walk to the kitchen to make some katsudon. "Izu.." She mutters in her sleep. 'Is it me or is she super cute sleeping?' I then realize what I was thinking. "Izuku, you can't start to like her. She's a villain. It would never work out. Though... maybe if you could convince her to be a hero..."

"Ya know, I thought about that too... but I cant." I turn to see a sad Toga on my couch.

"What do you mean?" I turned to her, giving her the food as I sat down. She gave me a sad glance before looking away. "Well it's related to the reason I like you, so I guess I can tell you. I had a bad experience growing up. I wanted to be a hero too, just like you. But due to something I did..." She started to sob. I took her plate and put it on the table with mine as we had both mostly finished our meals. I then pulled her into my arms as I sat down next to her again, stroking her hair.

"You don't have to continue." She shook her head. "I want to. So anyway, I was abandoned by my parents and struggled to survive on my own. I don't even think you noticed but we went to the same middle school. I was your upperclassman. Once, I protected you from Bakugo after hearing him threaten to kill you for wanting to be a hero. I'll admit, I found that surprising.

After all, what was wrong with wanting to be a hero? Then I learned you were quirkless and started to notice the way you were treated and how the teachers knew something was wrong but chose to ignore it. And when they did ask, you'd make up an excuse. This is when my stalking started. I was curious. So I followed you home once, and I saw you and your mother. I was... jealous I think. I wanted to have what you did. I wanted to be you. So I thought maybe if I knew everything about you that I could, I would be satisfied but I wasn't."

She didn't say anything else after that. She was waiting for my reaction.

"Toga I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone. Maybe if I had been there, I could've helped, or saved you from this path." I don't know why, but now I was the one sobbing. I felt like I had failed her somehow. Then she starting to sing to me in a soft and angelic voice. She was singing a song my mom used to sing to herself while she was working around the house late at night and I was trying to sleep. It acted as a working tune for her and a lullaby for me. But Toga's voice gave it a new meaning.

"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love"

I knew she was talking about herself at that moment, but her voice was so calming and I was starting to calm down.

"When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you
Love like you"

I couldn't help but chuckle, now knowing she waited a while before contacting me on purpose. I finally managed to start breathing normally.

"I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
'Cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you"

"Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special"

"Toga... I know now that you aren't a bad person. You only became a villain to provide for yourself. But have you ever killed anyone?"

"No, but I have gotten very close with my blood lust. But for the most part, I avoided people as much as possible and only interacted if absolutely necessary."

As my eyelids start to feel heavy, I smile. "That means it's not too late Toga... I swear, I'll be sure... to make you a hero."

Toga said nothing. But I felt a tear stream down her cheek as she continued to sing.

"If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love"

"When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you"

"Love like you"

"Love me like you"

I don't remember when it happened, but we fell asleep together. Me with my head on Himiko's chest, and her holding me tight.

Little did I know, A living hell would be waiting for me back at UA as my phone went crazy on the counter.