Part Twenty-Eight

~FINALLY. I finished a sketch of Sam that I liked enough to share. This is just my interpretation of him, so let me know if it fits what you all thought he looked like! (Zoom in for better details on his face :))~

———

Jamie woke up to a concussion.

   He never told his parents what happened. Just that he came home from his trip earlier than them, fell over his luggage, and hit his head on the hardwood floor.

   Jamie's parents were good people; they believed him with eager hearts and made sure he take a day or two off to rest his head. He took it with open arms. Jamie was tired, his head hurt, and most of all: He was confused.

   A tall, scary looking man broke into his home, threatening him over something out of a fairy tale, and then attacked him when he didn't get the answer he wanted. Even worse, Jamie somehow ended up in his bed at the end of it, meaning the stranger had at least some bit of remorse in his soul.

   Which meant that he might not have been beyond reason after all. Especially when Jamie found a black and orange book bag on the floor of his room that he hadn't touched since he first moved in. The same bag that contained no evidence of the little people the man was so crazy about, and yet Jamie couldn't get it out of his pain-ridden head.

   The fact that there could've been a minuscule possibility that he kidnapped tiny people and took them away from their family...it didn't sit right with him. It was impossible, sure, but the way that man was acting only worried Jamie to the point where his head was throbbing at the missing memories from four years ago.

   A storm was gathering clouds outside. The forecast called for nothing short of flash floods and a plethora of high speed winds, not to mention the insane amount of thunder in counties surrounding Jamie's. He heard from his mother, who then warned him that driving for the next day would result in him losing his car due to dangerous weather patterns, let alone the massive headache that resided within his skull.

   Jamie was not a rebellious child by any means, but he always did what was necessary to cure his curiosity. And if that meant going against his mother's wishes, he would do so by any means.

   If the whole thing was true, he didn't know what he would do. However, there was only one way to find out.

   So Jamie sought out to find it.

~~~

   "Did you talk to him? How was it?" Sam bounced in place, eager to hear the results from Elijah and Axel's conversation. If you could even call it that.

   "Good," Axel smiled down at his feet, tail waving back and forth behind him. He seemed much happier now that he began the conversation with the human, not that Sam could blame him. It was hard to to be upset around Eli.

   "Are you gonna keep texting?"

   Axel bobbed his little head, the curls flopping about and Sam nearly cried with relief.

   "You have to keep me updated! You like Eli, right? He's really good at making sure you're comfortable. Make sure you tell him if you don't like something, okay? Or else he'll feel really bad and-"

   "Okay," Axel, for the first time in his life, had the courage to cut someone off. He never did that before meeting a human. He proposed the idea in his head that the sole reason was because he now had a human to back him up if anything went wrong, but maybe his confidence had something to do with it.

   Before either of the brothers could comment on it, though, an odd notification on the phone rang out for the whole family to hear.