Detention

The next night bea walked behind draco as filch lead them to hagrid's hut "a pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time dentention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God i miss the screaming" bea looks at the back of filch's head with wide eyes. "You'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight, he's got a little job to do inside the dark forest" hagrid appears with a crossbow "a sorry lot this hagrid, oh good god man you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you" hagrid sniffles and sighs. "Norbert's gone dumbeldore sent him off to romania to live in a colony" bea walks toward hagrid.

"Well that's good isnt it he'll be with his own kind" bea smiles delicately as hermione speaks. "Yeah but what if he doesn't like romania. What if the other dragons are mean to him, he's only a baby after all" bea smiles and walks over to harry and grabs his hand. "Oh for god sake, pull yourself together man you're going into the forest after all. Got to have your wits about you" draco looks at bea scared "the forest? I thought that was a joke, we cant go in there. Students aren't allowed and there are werewolves" theres a howl in the distance.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees lad you can be sure of that nighty- night" bea laughs silently as draco looks frightened. "Right lets go" now in the forest they walk a path. Bea watches as hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls his fingers up and rubs them together a silver trail smeared on them. "Hagrid what's that" harry questions "that's what we're here for, see that? That's unicorn blood that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago now this one's been injured bad by something".

Harry sqeezes bea's hand prompting her to look up and see the same figure he did. "So it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, hermione you'll come with me and harry you'll go with malfoy and bea" harry and bea nod hands still clutched together. "Okay then i get fang" bea looks at the dog "fine just so you know he's a bloody coward" draco grabs the dog's leash, a lantern in hand they enter the forest "you wait til my father hears about this. This is servenants stuff" bea rolls her eyes at her cousin's dramatics

"If i didn't know better draco, i'd say you were scared" bea smirked amused. "Scared potter" draco scoffs but then a howl is heard "did you hear that? Come on fang, scared" they approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops then growls "what is it fang" the dark haired children chorus. Bea looks ahead and sees the cloaked figure who is crouched over a unicorn drinking it's blood. It raises it's head, silver blood dripping from it's mouth harry gasps clutching his scar. Bea looks at him with worried eyes, draco flees screaming leaving the dark haired children at it's mercy.

The figure makes it's way over to harry who backs up and trips. Bea jumps infront of harry who is crawling backwards.

"NO" a ball of mist appears in bea's hand, she sends it straight to the figures chest. It hurles the figure backwards as a centaur appears jumping over the children, the figure regains it's balance and flies away.

"Harry potter, beatrice black you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time especially for you, harry" harry looks at the centaur confused "but what was that thing you two saved me from" firenze looks at the two dark haired children. "A monstrous creature it is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price you have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half life. A cursed life" bea cringes "but who would choose such a life".

Bea grabs onto harry's hand tightly "can you think of no one" bea squeezes harry's hand. "Do you mean to say...that, that thing that killed the unicorn ...that was drinking it's blood...that was voldemort". Bea felt a wave of realization wash over her "the philosophers stone" fang barks and bea sees hermione, hagrid, ron and draco appear, crossbow raised hagrid lowers it upon seeing firenze. "Harry, bea" bea smiled reassuringly at hermione

"Hello there firenze, i see you've met our young mr. potter and mrs. black" bea smiles. "You are right there harry bea" they nod. "Harry potter, beatrice black this is where i leave you. You're safe now good luck' the group looks at the unicorn before making their way to the castle.