XXX

Chapter # 30 : Black heart.

Vladimir's P.O.V.

I have never been more of a shell of the person I am, until these days came around to give me a taste of their medicine.

The sound of paws is visible as me along with Lexis and some of my best warriors are traveling towards the Nexus pack. They claim to have sighted two fey. When I asked them for the description of the feys, they claimed that one had different colored wings.

I didn't need any more. I assembled my best warriors and took off towards the Nexus pack. That pack is somewhat close to our border. But we still have to travel out if our boundary and into no mans land. And after some hours we reach the Nexus Pack.
The old Alpha of this pack was my father's bestfriend. But I never really met him or his son.

The guards bow when I enter. Nobody can stop the royal pack from entering. After all, they all are under me.

I run towards the pack house and shift back. I cover myself with a big black cloak. Their pack house is at the end of the pack, away from other population. Its an average pack with 1000 wolves or more.

I see a man standing at the entrance of the pack house.

When I approach him, he bows slightly.

" My king. It is an honor to have you here." Judging by his aura, he is the new alpha.

" Thank you, Alpha Nexus. Unfortunately I don't have time for idle talks. You had some information for me."

One of his thick eyebrow raised in question and then suddenly his whole face lit up in recognization.

" Oh Yes! Yes. The sighting. I am not really sure about them being fey because they are just people's imagination. But my pack members saw them and we told you. "

His voice was annoying me right now.

" Some people imagine werewolves too in that matter." I tell him and he immediately shuts up about fey being imagination or not.

I see Lexis coming from the treeline in his human form. He didn't want his identity to get disclosed.

" Who is that?" Nexus questions the man at his left that I presume would be his beta.

" He is with me." I tell him and he immediately smiles.

Ass sucker.

" Of course, Sire." He then guides us towards the outskirts of his pack and I smell it before I see it. Smell of ash.

" My pack members say that those fey burnt down all this place. Nobody got killed. But one of them did injure some of my warriors." He explains.
I guess now he believes in fey.

I glance towards Lexis when I don't hear from him. And he sees what I see.
At the burnt ground was the same circle and pattern that was on Adrienne's stomach.

" Give me a second." I nod at Nexus and he bows and steps back.

I grab his shoulder and he snaps out of his thoughts. " What is it?" Lexis sighs.

He faces me and lowers his voice so that no one could hear us.

" Lamarck is channeling Adrienne. He already has built a strong connection with her. These marks, they aren't just some stars and circles. They are binding marks. They are binding places together. This is an old and dark spell."

Binding places?

My eyebrows furrow." What do you mean by binding places?"

Lexis steps forwards and puts his hand out. Just as his hand come into the boundary of the circle, his hand burns.