XXXIII

Chapter # 33: The Third trial

“ To get born, your body makes a pact with death, and from that moment, all it tries to do is cheat.”
                     —Louise Glück.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vladimir's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of silence. My favorite one now-a-days.
With a grunt and a pounding headache, I get out of the bed. I go straight into the bathroom, for a shower.
The cold water hits my head and body and I sigh in relief.

Today is the day, I form a new plan.
And this plan is going to work. It has to because after this I won't have any.

I get out of the very short shower and pick out my shirt. I need to look presentable. I need to look like someone they can trust to form the plan.

No more irresponsible acts.

I pick a white button up and white jacket and white dress pant.
I grab the royal symbol and pin it over my heart.

I put on some shoes and I go outside.
The guards bow as they see me.

I nod at them.
Yeah.. They would be surprised to see me. At night I went in like I was on my death bed and came out a new man looking for a fresh lead.
They have the right to be surprised.

I open my office and I find Max already in here. He stands up from the couch immediately after he sees me.

“ King Xavier.” He bows.

I sigh and roll my eyes.
“ It's Xavier and to answer the question bubbling in your throat. I am also fine.” I sit down on my seat and look around at the maps spread out infront of me.

Max clears his throat. “ So, the second binding is done.”
I grab my face and sigh. “ Yeah..”

We need a plan.

“ Due to the second binding, we have some direction. And looking into the map he can only go into two direction. ” His words interested me.

I look up to him as he places a neat map infront of me.

“ He has both Nexus and Shadow pack. The next two bindings, they would be either on our side or the opposite side to both packs. We can now imagine two circles that connect those two packs. And after the four bindings he has to do the middle one. So if he does the four bondings to the south of the shadow pack than the Resenence pack is the middle binding place and that means the the third binding can be on Amerus pack that is to the east of the shadow pack and the fourth one can be on Venus pack that is on the east of the Nexus pack. ”
He explains and I get where he is coming from. He is marking the potential points.

I look towards him. “ So what you are saying is if he comes towards our side that would make the royal kingdom the middle point. ” I question him.

 ” I question him