2: potions class

Kaylee
I sat in what I think was called a common room with Artemis on one side of me and Apollo on the other. Apparently, Hogwarts had a whole other dormitory for visitors to stay at. The Beauxbatons girls had one part and the Durmstrang boys had the other. We got our schedules after the feast and I had Transfiguration with both Artemis and Apollo. Right now, it was late at night and the common room was starting to empty out, leaving us as the only people there.

"So Kaylee, are you gonna put your name in the Goblet?" Artemis questioned. Her and her twin had already made it clear that they weren't going to put their names in; they didn't want to get hurt. I, on the other hand, was unsure.

"I'll sleep on it," I replied, yawning. "Speaking of, I think I'm going to get some rest." I stood up, the twins mirroring my actions. "Night guys," I said, giving Apollo a peck on the cheek.

"Good night, love," Apollo turned towards the boys dormitories and walked away.

Artemis and I silently went towards our dormitories. We were lucky enough to have the room to just the two of us. I sat on the bed which I had claimed as mine earlier, and turned off the light. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~*~

"Wake up, Kaylee!" Artemis yelled as she shook me awake. "We're gonna be late!"

"I don't wanna get up," I groaned, slapping Artemis with my pillow. I checked the time: class started in 15 minutes. "CRAP," I yelled. I rushed out of bed, put on my hideous blue uniform, and threw my hair in a messy bun. Artemis was laughing at the chaos unfolding in our dormitory. "I hate you!" I yelled at her as we walked out of the dorm.

Apollo was waiting for us in the common room. "You almost made me late!" he told me as he slipped his hand into mine, our fingering intertwined.

"But I didn't," I stuck my tongue out at him playfully.

"Can it, lovebirds, we're actually about to be late," Artemis interrupted us. I looked at my watch and there were only five minutes until class.

I gave Apollo a quick hug and said my goodbyes to the twins, who had Herbology for their first class while I had Potions. I ran out the room and tried to find my way to the Potions room.

The bell rang right as I walked into class. I scanned the room, looked for an empty place to sit. To my dismay, there were no other Beauxbatons or Durmstrang students. Great, I thought, alone with Hogwarts kids. Even worse, the only empty seat was at a table with three boys in green robes.

What seemed to be the professor entered the room and glared down at me, obviously not liking having non-Hogwarts students in his class. I realized I was still standing in the middle of the room when I heard the professor say, "Did they not teach you how to sit down at Beauxbatons, Miss?" the professor asked, a smirk appearing on his face. The Slytherins started to laugh, but the rest of the class seemed to feel bad for me.

"I'm sorry sir, but I was just looking for a place to sit," I replied, batting my eyelashes to look innocent. The professor mumbled something that I couldn't hear and pointed me towards the table of Slytherins. I quickly shuffled off to the table, not wanting the professor to hate me even more than he already did.

I took in all three of the boys, tuning out the professor who had just introduced himself as "Snape." The first boy had dark skin and curly brown hair. The second boy was big and ugly, and the third boy...

Draco Malfoy.

He still carried the smirk on his face from when Snape had told me off. The first boy, who was sitting next to me, leaned over and whispered, "I'm Blaise Zabini. That," he points to the second boy, "Is Vincent Crabbe. And that," he points to Draco, who is now looking at Blaise and I, "Is Draco Malfoy. We're all Slytherins. You should stick with us this year, I've heard that you're a pureblood, like us. Are you going to put your name in for the Tournament?"

I shuttered when Blaise mentioned our blood status, as I've never really thought myself superior from others just because I'm a pureblood. My best friends are even muggle-born. On the other hand, Blaise seemed very nice for a Slytherin and could be good to befriend.

"I'm Kaylee Miller. And I'm still not sure whether I'm going to put my name in for the Tournament. Are you going to?" I turned to Blaise and asked.

"I wasn't planning on it... but I would if you're going to," Blaise responded with a wink.

"You know what, I think I will then," I held out my hand for Blaise to shake, a smirk playing on my lips.

"I guess it's a deal then," Blaise stuck out his hand to shake mine. And then I realized... what did I just get myself into? I couldn't do this. Although, my chances of getting chosen are very low, as there were a lot of other Beauxbatons girls that were entering as well, I assured myself.

Blaise had turned back to Snape and so did I. Before I knew it, the bell rang and I walked out of the classroom. Once I turned the corner on the way to Transfiguration, I felt a strong hand pull me into an empty classroom. "What the fu-" I started, but was cut off by a hand over my mouth. I pulled away from the figure, and after my eyes adjusted to the dark, I realized who it was.

"Malfoy, what the actual hell is your problem," I demanded.

"Good to see you again too," He said, moving towards me.

"What do you want? I'm going to be late to Transfiguration and I really don't want to be talking to you," I said.

He pushed me up against the wall and put his arms on either side of my face, making me unable to get away. "I heard that you were going to put your name in for the Tournament, is that true?" As he spoke, I could feel his minty breath on my neck. After a few seconds of being paralyzed, I finally pushed away and started walking towards the door before Malfoy could stop me.

"I don't think that's any of your business, is it, Malfoy?" I responded coolly as a walked out the door.

I checked my watch again and Transfiguration started in a minute. I sprinted to the classroom, and just like in Potions, the bell rang just as I walked in. I quickly found Artemis and Apollo and sitting across from the was Blaise. They all smiled at me as I sat down next to Blaise. Apollo and Blaise talked for most of the class and I talked with Artemis, all of us tuning out the professor whose name was McGonagall.

The rest of the day was a blur; I had all of my classes with Blaise and we were becoming really good friends. Luckily, Potions was the only class I shared with Malfoy. Unfortunately, I would see him a lot more starting on Thursday.