4: potter and the choosing

Kaylee
Everyone knew. And by everyone, I mean everyone. When I walked into the Great Hall on Thursday morning, everyone started applauding me. Once I sat down at the table next to Blaise (he had started sitting at the Beauxbatons table along with Apollo, Artemis and I) he told me they all knew that I punched Draco. He told me that I was a total badass, and I can't deny that. I was just about to start talking to Artemis who was on my right when I heard Dumbledore start to speak. All heads turned towards the front of the room.

"We have decided to do the drawing for the Triwizard Tournament now, which means all classes will be canceled until Monday," Dumbledore started. Everyone started cheering, I mean, four days off of school? Everyone got shushed and Dumbledore continued. "Now, we shall start."

Cat Lady McGonagall ripped off the sheet that was covering the Goblet of Fire. "Our first champion, from Durmstrang," Dumbledore waited for a piece of paper to emerge from the cup and opened it. "Victor Krum!" Everyone cheered and Krum joined the teachers at the front.

"Our second champion, from Hogwarts... Draco Malfoy!" Everyone except for the Slytherins were silent and I laughed under my breath as Malfoy walked up to the front with a smug look on his face.

"Our third and final champion, from Beauxbatons," I held my breath. "Kaylee Miller!" All eyes were on me. I looked back at Artemis and she looked at me sympathetically. I walked up to the front, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

"All champions must come with m-" Dumbledore was cut off by another piece of paper flying out of the Goblet. "Harry Potter?" Dumbledore announced, and everyone looked at him. The Boy who Lived, I thought. How could this have happened?

The next thing I knew, my heart started racing and the last thing I saw was Harry Potter walking up to stand next to me.

~*~

I woke up in a strange room that seemed to be a hospital. Artemis and Apollo were on my side but were sent away when a women saw that I had woken up.

"Dear, I'm Madam Pomfrey," the lady said, rushing to my side. "Do you remember what happened?" I shook my head, though I sort of remembered what happened, I wanted to hear it from someone else. "You were chosen for the Triwizard Tournament, then you passed out."

"Am I allowed to leave?" I asked quietly.

"Not yet, you have to stay the night," Pomfrey responded. But when she left me to go grab some more medicine, I bolted out the door. I couldn't stay in there anymore; I had to clear my mind. And there was only one place I could do that...

The Quidditch field. I'd been playing Quidditch all my life, even though Beauxbatons didn't have a team because it was considered "unladylike" for women to play sports.

I traveled through the twists and turns of the large castle and finally made it outside. When I made it to the field, I saw someone else there. We seemed to notice each other at the same time. I started to walk away, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. The figure thought the opposite, though, and started to run towards me.

The figure grabbed onto my arm and I turned to see the one and only Harry Potter. "You're Kaylee Miller aren't you? I'm Harry Potter," he told me.

I was debating between being mean and being kind to Potter, but then I remembered he's the only person who will understand how I feel about getting chosen for the Tournament. "Yes, I'm Kaylee Miller. Nice to meet you," I said, holding my hand out for him to shake. I looked around for the red haired boy and the frizzy haired girl that were always with him, but they were no where to be found. "Where are your friends?"

"Oh, you mean Ron and Hermione?" he asked me. I nodded, assuming that those were the names of his friends. "They don't believe that I didn't put my name in the Goblet. I'm sure you don't either, so I guess I'll just be going then." He started to walk away, but I grabbed onto his arm.

"Harry, wait!" I said and he turned around to face me again. "I believe that you didn't put your name in the cup. I mean, there had to have been some kind of spell on it for you to be chosen as a fourth champion."

Harry smiles at me, "Wow, thanks. It feels really good to have someone on my side. I'm really scared about the whole Tournament thing, and I can tell you are too. Anyways, why'd you come out here? If I know Pomfrey, she'd have had you stay in the Hospital Wing fr another week."

I giggled at this and replied, "She told me I had to stay the night, but I snuck out to clear my head. The Quidditch field is where I feel most at home, even though Beauxbatons doesn't have a team."

"Well, I came out here to play, too, so do you wanna do one on one?" Harry asked.

"I'd love to. But be careful, I'm very good for a girl," I said, and both of us started laughing. We played until dusk, with me winning after I caught the snitch.

"I guess we should head to bed," I told Harry. I was exhausted.

"I guess we should," Harry said, "It was nice to meet you Kaylee!" We both walked inside together, splitting off when we got to my common room. Maybe The Boy who Lived wasn't so bad after all.