3: the goblet of fire

Kaylee
Artemis, Apollo, Blaise and I walked into the Main Hall on Wednesday night to watch the last people put their names into the Goblet. There were a set of bleachers on either side of the room, with the Goblet standing tall in the middle. There was also a line around the Goblet that I assumed was an age line built to keep the first through third years out. My group made our way to the bleachers and sat down.

"Look, is that Victor Krum?" Artemis said in amazement as the Quidditch player walked into the room. He looked over at us, and I was nervous for a second as to why the Victor Krum was looking at us, but then I remembered that Apollo was sitting next to me and he went to school with Krum. My boyfriend waved at his friend who waved back as he stepped through the age line and dropped his name into the Goblet and walked out.

"Well, I think that it's our turn to put our names in the Goblet," Blaise stood up from where he was on Apollo's other side and grinned at me.

"Fine," I stood up and looked at Blaise, "but if I get chosen, I'm going to hex you for making me do this." We walked over to the Goblet and each pulled out a sheet of paper that we had put our names on earlier.

"3...2...1!" we said in unison as we dropped our papers in the golden cup. We walked over to the twins, who were grinning, probably because of how stupid we were.

"Um, so sense we're all here, I think it's a good time to tell you guys something," Apollo stood up as he looked between Artemis and I. Me and my best friend glanced at each other with a look that said, This can't be good. "I-I think I'm gay," he stated nervously, chewing on his bottom lip. Blaise got up and put his hand in Apollo's.

I didn't know how to take this information, I mean, we'd been dating sense first year. But he was still my best friend, no matter what happened.

I jumped up and gave him a hug. I also gave one to Blaise, who was equally as nervous as Apollo. "That's great! I'm so happy you've found your identity," I said, looking at Apollo, "But, there is one thing. You still have to be my best friend."

"I think I can make that work," Apollo said, his mood obviously going up.

Artemis stood up and joined our group hug. "I support you, too," she said, and we all started to smile.

That is, until, someone came and ruined our good moods.

Draco Malfoy walked up to us and sneered, "Aw, have you got yourselves a love square going on here? Blaise, I thought you were better than hanging out with mudbloods and a blood traitor." All eyes in the room were now on us.

I stepped away from my friends and looked Malfoy straight in the eyes. Then, I punched him as hard as I could.

"What in the bloody hell?" he screamed as he backed away from me quickly. "My father will hear about this." At this point his nose was gushing blood and I thought I might've broken it.

"I'd choose your next words very carefully, Malfoy. That poor father of yours could lose his job if you keep up this behavior. If I remember correctly, your father works for my father. All it would take is one owl, and your status could come crumbling down. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be," I said with no truth to my words. Even though Lucius did work for my father, I couldn't cause him to lose his job. It seemed like Malfoy didn't know this, though, because he looked at me with a scared expression.

I glanced around the room as I was walking out the large double doors. Everyone seemed to have a look of awe on their face. I kept walking and didn't stop until I reached my dormitory, forgetting about my friends. I just hoped that no one would find out about what had happened just a few minutes ago.