Eleven

Looks like he needs some glasses too when he thinks you're cute.

***

Maya, Emily and me were on the way to the common room. Pansy and the others weren't there anymore when we left the Gryffindor's so we thought they probably left already and were waiting in the common room. And we were right. As we entered they stared at us everyone with a different expression.
Pansy seemed happy to see us. Vincent and Gregory seemed confused just like Blaise and Malfoy looked annoyed like usual.
We  sat down to them and started to chat a bit until someone of course had to bring Seamus up.

"Had a little make out session with Finnigan in the corridor while Dinner?" Malfoy asked with a weird grin on his face. I couldn't see if he was rather annoyed or amused by what he just said.

"No My name is not Draco Malfoy."

"But what did you two do  then there? I refuse to believe you both just talked?"

"If you really want to know it, he asked me on a date to Hogsmeade. And I said yes." I looked him directly in his cold eyes and could see how confused he was but before he could say anything more Blaise joined the conversation.

"Do you like him?" He looked down kind of sad. "Like do you like him in that way?"

"I mean he's cute and he told me he thinks the same. So why would I say no to a simple date? We just get to know each other better."

"Looks like he needs some glasses too when he thinks you're cute." Malfoy laughed amused.

"Well Malfoy, once again you were able to bring my mood from high to low." I stood up and went to my dorm, feeling a tear rolling down my cheek and asking myself once again, how could I have feelings for an emotionless asshole like Draco Malfoy. This time it hurt more. To think that someone I feel for like this makes comments like that about my looks. He did before but I've never cared back then.

I heard Maya, Pansy and Emily running behind me and yelling my name.
I laid down on my bed facing the wall already when they came in.

"Are you okay y/n?" Maya ran over to me and sat down on my mattress.

With that I started to cry. It just came out. Maya told Pansy and Emily she wanted to talk alone to me. Actually Emily could've stayed but it would be mean to just send Pansy back alone so both were gone.
I turned around. Loads of tears were rolling down my cheek.

"Why him?"

"I don't know it y/n, I don't know it." Maya hugged me and I started to cry even more.
"You really do like him do you?"

"Yes I do and I don't know why. He's a horrible person. Maybe it's because I'm a horrible person too. He should like me, we're both horrible so it fits perfectly!"

Maya let me go and faced me "why do you think you're a horrible person y/n?"

"I hang around with Blaise giving him hope even though I probably don't like him this way but knowing on the other side that he likes me more than a friend - Pansy told me a few weeks ago. I'll go on a date with Seamus tomorrow to get to know him better but Draco is always the only one on my mind. It feels like I'd betray everyone!"

"Y/n I'm telling you my honest opinion now! If you like Blaise just as a friend tell him before it's too late and he asks you on a date or something too. Go on that date tomorrow. You don't have any reason to feel bad! Try to forget about Malfoy for one day and let it all come over you. You said you still do think Seamus is cute and so does he, so why not giving it a chance and see how it works out? Also about the Malfoy thing, I know that's hard now but as long as he has a 'girlfriend' or whatever they are try at least not to think at him all the time. It's getting easier I promise!" She washed my tears away with her thumbs and smiled at me.

I let her words sink in for a few minutes before I looked up and said "okay then, tomorrow is Seamus day and we'll see what's going to happen. No Malfoy and I will talk to Blaise this week." I felt a lot better than before.
Maya went downstairs again cause I wanted to be alone for a little. Of course I told her how thankful I am for her and that she always had the right words. I pretended to be asleep when the others came back, not wanting to talk to anyone for the night.

**

"What's your favorite chocolate?" Seamus asked with a smile on his face while we were on our way to honeydukes.

"I love chocoballs."

"Wait here then." He responded and went into Honeydukes.
A few minutes later he was back with tons of treats including lots of chocoballs.

"Seamus you didn't have to. How much do you get?"

"Nothing, I wanted to." He smiled, took my hand and lead me to a bench that was away from the people so we were on our own.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can!" He smiled and gave me one of the chocoballs.

"When did you start to like me?"

"Remember that day you defended Harry against Malfoy? Well that was cool, I've never seen someone speaking up against Malfoy and especially not a Slytherin. Anyway I noticed you then and in all classes I had with Slytherin and kind of got a crush on you." He turned red and looked down again like he did in the corridor. "Maybe I still have." He scratched his neck embarrassed but this made him even more cute.
"How about you?"

"I don't know, I just saw you and thought you were cute but it turned into a huge crush after a few classes."

I could see how he tried to hide his smile.
We kept talking and ate our treats the rest of the date. He was extremely shy but it got less and less the more we talked.
On the way back to Hogwarts he took my hand and we were holding them until we stood in front of the Slytherin common room.

"See you at Dinner?"

"Definitely!"

He then leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek, turned around and went away. I could feel myself blushing and some butterflies in my stomach.
When I entered the common room the group already sat there waiting for me. I came in with the biggest smile on my face and didn't even care that Malfoy was there too.

"Woah everything's okay? You look like you just won the house cup or something!" Pansy asked confused.

I sat down and next to Emily and Maya and leaned against Emily's shoulders.

"Tell us Princess, how was your date?" Maya grinned brightly.

"It was perfect. He bought us treats at honeydukes and then we sat down on a bench the whole noon and talked. On the way back we held hands and he even kissed me on the cheek before we said goodbye." I smiled and went through everyone's faces. Pansy, Vincent and Gregory looked happy for me, Blaise looked kind of sad and Malfoy looked annoyed - usual.

"He may be a Gryffindor but I'm so happy for you y/n!" Pansy smiled.

We all chatted a bit about the day until I recognized that Malfoy wasn't there anymore. He just went away without saying anything and it seemed like the others didn't notice as well.

**

Dinner was fun this evening. I talked a bit to Seamus after and Maya finally got a date with Fred. Also Seamus asked me to sit with him at while the first task would be tomorrow.

We already sat on our seats. Unfortunately Malfoy sat behind us so whenever he got the chance he leaned down to us and made a stupid comment about anything, about my looks, Seamus or just about what we were talking about.
I didn't get what his problem was it was practically his fault that we hung around and besides that his girlfriend sat next to him the whole time. So instead of talking to her he used every chance to roast us. Not that I cared, things would've been different if she wasn't with him maybe but that didn't matter for me that much right now.