Fourteen

Many weeks went by and I found myself in the last week of the school year. I didn't got to talk to Malfoy anymore. We haven't either seen each other, weren't alone or I just didn't have the guts to talk to him, but I kind of started to accepting it. I hid my feelings in books and homework which at least made me better in my classes. My feelings were still there but I had Blaise and my friends to talk to whenever I felt bad. Blaise and me also started to go down to Hogsmeade at least once a month together like a kind of tradition.
There wasn't also anything more with Seamus, we talked still as friends sometimes but it was weird to be around him since he still doesn't know what actually happened at the Yule ball.

**

Maya, Pansy and me sat in the great hall for breakfast. Emily went home earlier since she had to deal with Cedric Diggory's - her boyfriend's death which affected her really bad. The atmosphere in Hogwarts wasn't also really good since the accident at the last task but I tried not to think about it that much, in the end I didn't even know him. As I sat there and ate my pancakes the owl post came and I got post as well. My mother wrote me.

Dear Y/n,

Things are getting more tensed now that Harry Potter claims that the Dark lord is back. You know what that means - we talked about it before. Loads of meetings in which your father and me have to be. That's why we are going to stay at Malfoy's manor the whole summer. We're arriving in a few days. You are coming with Draco from kings cross. I am sorry that I am telling you this in a letter but we will talk about everything once you are here.

Love

Mum.

I felt myself turning pale and my stomach doing hundreds of backflips. "I'm going, still have a few things to do." I practically sprinted out of the great hall, just wanting to be in my dorm alone.
My mother told me before that there's going to be a day everything will change but I never thought it would be so close.
After saying the password I made my way into the common room still looking at the letter only.

"Hey." I heard a voice saying, I looked up to see Malfoy sitting in front of the fire. "Looks like you just found out about your luck." He smirked and pointed at the letter.

"Looks like it." It was weird to hear this as his first words to me after weeks of ignoring each other.

"You know that we have to talk to each other once we're home?"

"Yeah I know Malfoy." And with that I was gone, not completely ready to talk to him as if nothing happened. I hated it when people acted like nothing happened in the past instead of talking about it.

**

Friday unfortunately came faster than I hoped. I haven't really slept one night since I kept having nightmares whenever I fell asleep.
The train was almost back at kings cross so I said goodbye to my friends and went to find Malfoy alone in a compartment. I joined him, sitting as far away from him as I could - not that I wanted it but it was probably the best decision.
We didn't talk for a while until he looked up from his book "You know about that party today right?"

"What party?" I responded confused.

"My birthday party." He grinned as if it was Christmas Eve.

"But your birthday was almost a month ago?"

"I know, but we haven't celebrated yet so mother decided we are going to do this as soon as I'm home, and that's today."