Twelve

Of course you know that feeling do you? She makes you feel that way.

***

The door flew open and closed as fast as it opened. All the Slytherin's of the 4th year and above sat on the long benches in front of the walls, girls on the right and boys on the left.

"The triwizard tournament unfortunately brings a tradition with it - the Yule ball." Snape spoke loud and emotionless like usual. "Today I am forced to give you a dance lesson. I won't let any of you destroy the pride of this house in only one night." He continued.
Nobody seemed really happy of the idea of a dance lesson with Snape or generally just a dance lesson.

"Hey Maya, maybe Fred is going to ask you out." I snickered quietly, sadly not quite enough for Snape.

"Ms Abraham is there anything you want to tell us?"

"No it's fine." I responded already stressed about him.

"Would you then?" He reached his hand out to help me up and looked at me for a second. Then he turned around and looked over the boys until he stopped. "Mr Malfoy, would you too?"

My eyes widened by his words. Out of everyone here, why him?
Snape knew we... - he hated me. We always had fights in his classes last year and got lots of detention together. He probably thought it would be funny to let enemies dance together.
We stood there in front of each other, both awkwardly looking at the ground, refusing the eye contact.
"What are you waiting for? I am sure your parents already taught you the waltz before."
And he was right with that, my Mother taught it me when I was like eight and there's not way Narcissa didn't the same.

It was awkward. He slowly grabbed me by my waist with a forced look on his face and took my hand, but not daring to entagle his fingers in mine, also making sure that our body's were far enough away from each other. Then Snape suddenly pushed us closer together, almost filling the gaze between us. I felt shivers running down my spine knowing that he felt how fast my heart pounded in my chest.
We started to dance but we both avoided each other's gaze. Suddenly like I was in a trance I looked up. I just stared at him and the world behind us wasn't there anymore.
He obviously felt that I looked him straight in the face the whole time so he caught up my gaze. His beautiful silver eyes now connected with mine. I was in a complete trance and no one of us dared to break the contact until I heard Snapes voice.

"Okay then, everyone find a partner and dance."

We both parted completely confused and fast broke the eye contact again. I didn't know what just happened and I could see he asked himself the same. It made me grin so I turned around with the hope that he didn't see it.

**

"Y/n what was that between Malfoy and you while you were dancing in Snapes class today?" Emily grinned from the other side of the  Slytherin table in the great hall.

"What do you mean? There wasn't anything."

"You both literally stared at each other like there was no tomorrow?"

We stood up from dinner making our way to the Gryffindor table once again. "There wasn't anything okay!" I rolled my eyes but also grinned slightly and hoped again that nobody noticed it.
As we were there Maya already was with Fred and Emily and me chatted a bit with Hermione until Seamus came over.

"Hey, umm... can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I smiled but confused about what was coming next.

He took my hand and pulled me with him a few meters away from the others.

"So you know... there... there's the Yule ball on Friday and I... I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go with me?" He was red once again and looked at the ground like he usual does when he's nervous.