Twenty-eight

I slowly headed down the corridor to the library after dinner. Actually, I planned on going together with Adrian but I haven't seen him at dinner so far so I decided to make my way down alone.

Entering the library it was, as expected, completely empty. Adrian also wasn't there so I sat down on a table in the middle and waited for him.

Ten minutes went by and it seemed like nobody would enter in the next time, but right as I was about to stand up and go back to the common room the door opened and Adrian appeared.

He looked like he just ran a marathon, his tie lose and his hair messy.

I couldn't hold back my smirk as I realized what caused him to be late and looked down at my hands to hide it.

He sat down across from me, an eyebrow raised but a small smirk playing on his lips "what's so funny?" He asked, trying to bring confusion in his voice.

"Nothing," I lied and pulled my book out of my backpack.

As I looked up again he was still looking at me, his smirk only growing wider "whatever," he then said and opened his book as well.

He then started to explain, well, tried to explain me some of the basics but after about an hour of making notes, explaining and despairing we both agreed to leave it so far and meet again on Monday.

"So, are you and your friends staying in the common room too?" Adrian suddenly asked while we slowly strolled out of the library together.

I furrowed my eyebrows "what do you mean?"

"Oh, you don't know it? The quidditch team and a few friends are having a round in the common room now, nothing special." He explained.

"I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds fun."

"Aren't Maya, Emily and Pansy always there too?" He asked, a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Yeah normally, but Maya is meeting Fred in the astronomy tower right now, and they'll probably stay there over night. Pansy is- busy and I don't know where Emily is, maybe there already." I explained to him.

"We'll see now," he responded as we entered the common room.

The room wasn't very full, luckily. The Quidditch team was hanging around the room, a few of their friends from the fifth and sixth year and a few girls as well.

The people weren't in one round like we normally were, sitting all together. There was a table full with fire whiskey, not even a big party would kill them all. Music was playing but not too loud. A few were standing and talking, a few others sitting on the sofas or the armchairs on the sides and talking and also a few were making out or already on their way in their dorm with someone else.

Adrian and me gave each other a smile as we parted our ways, him going straight in a small round with Miles, Graham and Blaise while I found Emily in the middle of the room, talking to Theo and Gregory.

I joined them but didn't say anything, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Both, Theo and Gregory were already drunk, but Emily luckily wasn't.

As I listened to their conversation about the worst Quidditch team I glanced around the room, only to notice that three Ravenclaw girls were in here too.

And then I noticed her. The girl from the Runes class, the girl who sits next to Malfoy.

The jealousy boiled up in me again as I watched her, staring at Draco who was talking to Blaise now from across her. What is she even doing here?

And he noticed her, gave Blaise a last nod and in less than seconds he was with her and gone through the boys dormitory door.

I left the group I was standing with and headed to one of the sofas, let myself fall down on it, right next to Miles.