KAATRODU MOONGIL KAADU ENNA PESUDHO!!

"Ini ma, innaikku ivlodan unga quota...Apram Appa kum, paatima kum venum la"

Mullai says to her daughter Iniyal after serving her share of paneer, as they all settle on the dining table .
She is an ardent fan of the delicacy.
Like father, like daughter.
Her face falls a little ,not getting to eat her favourite dish to her heart's content

" Hey vidu di, ava saapdattum. Indha vayasula saapdama ,eppa saapda pora?"
Kathir tells Mullai not able to stand his daughter's sullen face, and her face immediately lights up and she looks at her mother expectantly.

"Unakku theriyadha , avalukku jasthi aiduchuna vayir valikkum , kashta paduva.
Apram avalakooda samaalichidalam, unna dan samaalikka mudiyadhu". Mullai tells him in a stern voice .
And he too nods accepting, having no other go.

"Aama da paapu. Innaikku ivlo podhum ungalukku stomach pain varum la".
He tells her trying to convince .

"Aana Daddy neenga stomach mela wand vachi "Obliviate! " sonna pain poidum la.
She tries to coax him .

"Illa da..."Obliviate" sonna memories dan pogum,Pain pogadhu."
He says awestruck at how his daughter is getting more adorable day by day.

It is not so different for Mullai either. Something which seemed like a miniature doll , that would fit into their arms, is now bringing up HARRY POTTER references to reason with its parents. Did they both just create this miracle??

"Ippa adhunala enna da , Amma va next week thirumbavum panner seiya solvom. Enna Mulla??"
He asks his wife bringing her out of her reverie.

Both the father and daughter look at Mullai as if waiting for her to say yes.

"Haan? " She says comprehending her thoughts.
"Pinna illamaya? Next week paneer 65 okay"?
She asks the kid and she nods her head.

"Iniyal happy?" Mullai asks her the magical question which she knows would put up an instant smile on her child's face.

"Iniyal very happy!" She exclaims back looking at both of her parents
Kathir looks at both of them with a contented look on his face, As Mullai pats on the crown of her head, smoothing her hair .He has paused eating for a while now.

Raajam paati who was a silent spectator till then says,
"Kannu saapdu pa. Evlo neram un pullaya vey parthutu iruppa." She tells and he nods .

"Ellarum sikiram saapdunga ya. Naala kazhichu enna venum nu ippavey sollidunga. Kozhiya illa aadu edukkanum ah. Neenga leave nu thiongiduveenga , enakkum eluppa manasu varadhu. Apram samaikka neramaidum." She voices her concern.

"Hmm.. Sunday enna venum Kathir, Ini ma?she asks both of them.

They both look at each other for a while and say
"Barbecue!!" In unison as the little munchkin jumps in her chair.

"Enna que??"" Paatima asks, quipped.

"Adhu andha muzhu kozhiya a Suttu tharuvaanaga la paati, adha solranga rendu perum" she smiles explaining the elderly woman.

"Aama paati Nyayathikelamai velila poi sapduvom. Enna paapu?" Says kathir.

"Yaaaay!!!!." She smiles at her father. And they both share a high five.

"Hmm..rendu per plate um innum 5 minutes la gaali aaganum" Mullai tries the assertive tone and it works.
They both finish their supper in a pin-drop silence thereafter.

"Perima, naan innaikku enna sapten sollunga paarpom?? Iniyal asks her Dhanam periyamma, the biggest daughter- in-law of the pandian household on video call. It was her daily routine. To talk to her maternal and paternal grandparents and uncles and aunties after dinner every day.