POOVIL URANGUM SIRU PANI AAGIROM !!

" Kannu konjam saapdu ma..nethi naal muzhukka veradham...onnum saapdala..odambu epdi thaangum?? .. naalaikku velaikku poganum la.." Paati tries to persuade Mullai to eat.

"Enakku ippa pasikkala Paati.. kalaila saaptukkaren...oru appointment dan..late ah pona podhum.." she says her face dull.

"Oorukku arivurai solra doctor nee..un udambayum paarthukkanum la...sonna kekkuradhu illa..." Paati mumbles to herself.

"Paati...oorla irundhu Akka meen kuduthu vitrukkanga...freezer la irukku...eduthu soodu panni naalaikku madhiyam avarkum, paapu kum kuduthudunga..."

"Sari ma...na tharen..nee poi thoongu...paal kondu varava?? She asks Mullai.

She nods her head in a 'no' and drags herself to their room.
There, she sees her husband laying on his stomach and paapu walking on his back, giving him a massage.

"Innum mela vaanga...nalla medhinga da.." he instructs his daughter.

"Daddy..ungalukku edhukku ipdi body valikkudhu..??" there she goes... his walking , talking question bank.

"Adhuva... daddy nethi full ah travel pannen la da... adan..." He explains.

"Evlo neram travel panninga.."

"Pogum bodhu 3 hours..Varum bodhu 3 hours...neenga sollunga.. total ah evlo hours..? It is his turn to ask her now.

"Mmm..." She thinks for a while, puts our her fingers counting, and then ..
" Six hours... correct dana daddy.."

"Correct da kutty...podum erangunga.." he calls her down to cuddle her.

Mullai searches for a cream in the cupboard and comes near him..

"Idha pottuko Kathir..Vali sari aidum.." she touches his shoulder.

"Pch.." he shrugs her off and lies on the other side, far from her and pulls his blanket till his head and lies down .

She tears up immediately. She has done the same thing to him many many times when they would have an argument ; or simply when she felt irritated over something. But it  hurts real bad when she is on the receiving end of the ignorance.

Drying her cheek, she too lies, next to her daughter, looking at his sleeping form.

After a while she looks at him ,his  breathing even. Making sure that he is really asleep, she leans over to his side and caresses his forehead gently, running her fingers through his hair she whispers,

"Sorry baby... ennala amma kitta edhum pesa mudila...soozhnailai.. nee ipdi thidirnu varuva nu edhir paarkala..sorry...aana romba naal pesama irukkadha baby..ennala thaanga mudiyadhu.." controlling her sobs, she pecks his forehead moving back to her pillow.

That was a lifeless weekend at Mullai's home . She barely ate, her appetite gone , with her husband sulking at her. She didn't have it in her to do anything. She did try talking to him a couple of times, when he didn't respond, she thought of giving him sometime to come around. She knew that he is not angry, but disappointed with her for not taking his side.
Sunday too, went in a snail's pace for Mullai.

As for Kathir , he seemed to spend his whole day with paapu, sticking to her as much as possible,  It was even more difficult for him to not to talk to her ; never  a day in his life after marriage go without Mullai. They sure have
had their  fights but he has never refrained from talking to her.
He seems to be really hurt this time.