Body Trouble

Guilt, Innocence. Good, Evil. Life, Death. As the shadows around Riverdale deepened the lines that separated these polar opposites blurred and disoriented. I'm guilty, Cheryl and Sky said in biology class, but of what?

Cheryl and I were escorted into the principals office to be interrogated and if I am honest I was scared. People that know me well know I hate these sort of things but I had to do this for Jason and that we could find his killer.

Cheryl started speaking "To clarify, I didn't mean we were guilty of killing Jason. I loved him more than I do myself and Sky here she was his best friend." I continued "But we are guilty of lying about what happened on July 4th." Sheriff Keller then spoke to us "The autopsy puts his death to about July 11th. When was the last time either of you saw Jason?" Cheryl spoke "It was July 4th." I continued again and I lied saying this May I add"I don't know what happened the week after that but-" Sheriff spoke "Cheryl, Skylar in your own words what happened at Sweetwater River?"

Cheryl looked at me for support but I judged nodded my head for her to tell them. She turned and looked at Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller and started explaining the plan "The plan was bananas, even for me. Jason wanted to leave Riverdale and never come back. He asked for my help to stage a tragic accident so that our mom and dad wouldn't come after him. He also text Sky asking her to help to and she agreed. Our story would be we went for an early morning boat ride and the boat tipped and capsized and Jason drowned. In fact we made it to the other side as dry as bones. We said goodbye on the Greendale side of Sweetwater river. He promised he would call at least one of us and soon as he was in a place where he couldn't be reached or pulled back by our parents, one month at the most. But as soon as Sky was found about a kilometre from where she was meant to be then I knew something was wrong. Everyday we waited for a call, for an email." I continued with my part "Jason I think told one of his football friends or else he found out some way because when I went to the water to get soaked to make my side of the story believable someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and saw my ex Thomas. Thomas hit me in the head with something and next thing I was in hospital."

Sheriff Keller and the principal were shocked with what I had told them and even that I spoke about what happened. Sheriff Keller then spoke "Did you tell anyone about the plan?" "Like I said my ex must of found out about it some way." "Anyway you can corrupt it? You have no idea why Jason wanted to run away. Fake his own death. Doesn't it seem cruel?" Cheryl then spoke up "No he wasn't ... Jason wasn't cruel!" Sheriff kept talking trying to make us crack in some way like we were the killers and let me tell you that I really wanted to say who did it but I can't. The Sheriff then said "So maybe this is all just a web of lies to cover your guys own tracks." I then spoke "Sheriff we didn't kill Jason!"

Cheryl then remembered something "There was a gunshot that morning. We heard a gunshot on July 4th. Maybe whoever killed Jason took a shot at him and missed that morning." Sheriff wasn't impressed with us then "You heard a gunshot and your just telling us this now?" I then spoke "We were upset that Jason was murdered." Sheriff Keller then trues to press us again "So upset that you , Cheryl sang and danced at a pep rally yesterday."

Clifford and Penelope then came in and Clifford said "What the hell is going on in here?" Cheryl called for her mom and then Penelope said while she picked her up and brought her out "Don't day another word Cheryl. Why didn't you call us?" Clifford then spoke "Because she is a liar Penelope." With that they left the building and I was sitting in the principals office still with the same two intimidating people.

I spoke "Can I go now?". The Sheriff then spoke "I have one more question.". I told him to just ask it and then he spoke "What's your history with Thomas?". "Not answering that.". With that I left the office and went to the Blue and Gold office so that I can try convince Jug to join.