In a Lonely Place

The Coopers: the Stepfords of Riverdale. High-school sweethearts, who got married and had two beautiful daughters Polly and Betty. Until Jason Blossom happened. And now we hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance: Polly Cooper. How a casual conversation turned into an epic forbidden romance. How , for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart. How their break-up was short-lived because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring and made plans to run away together. To start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

............

Betty was with Polly in the Lodges but I insisted on staying home because of everything with the Lodges. Plus Jughead has started staying with us which I love but nobody knows of her relationship.

I was pacing my room thinking of everything. My secrets, my family, Gracie and more. I feel like running away to a locations far far away from here so nobody knows me. I was snapped out of my thought when I heard a voice say "Sky? What's wrong? Why are you pacing?" It was Dad.

"Dad close the door please because I don't want them to know. Not yet anyway." He obliged. "I feel like I am loosing my mind Dad. I want to run away from everything. My biological dad wants to kill me, my brothers and sisters are following in his footsteps, my aunts and uncles are psycho, my mom is slowly turning psycho and there is lots of other things that I haven't told anyone. I am scared Dad." "It's ok to be scared but you can't bottle it up forever." "Also Dad um Jug and I are dating." "I knew that." "How?" "The way you act but do you want me to get him?" "Please Dad because I feel like I am going crazy."

Dad went out of my room and once he did my legs gave up on me and I feel to the floor and hit my bed of the bed frame pretty hard. I was starting to feel dizzy with the blood loss and the panic attack. I was shivering and I couldn't control my body. I was crying so much because I didn't know what to do.

"Sky!" I looked to see Jug and Archie by my side. "Dad! Help please." Then Dad ran in the room. "I knew I shouldn't have left you alone. Arch get the first aid kit." Archie went out of the room and Jug and Dad lifted me up on the bed and Jug held me in his arms saying things in my ear to distract me from the pain in my head. I then blacked out.

............

We were sitting in the student lounge. I was sitting on Jugs lap with my head leaning back because it is still really sore. Betty was talking about Polly.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby." Kevin then adds "Besides, of course, the child-snatched Blossom monsters. No offence, Cheryl." "None taken." Jug was rubbing my head a bit while saying "So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly. It's a true Gordian knot." I then sigh. "It sounds like a similar situation for me. Oh, I have only told Jug, Archie and Veronica but yes I do have a 2 nearly 3 year old child and that's the reason I left New York because my family wanted the child but not me." "I am sorry about that Sky. This is an impossible situation." Veronica quickly says her opinion. "Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night." Kevin puts his hand on Veronica's shoulder and she looks at Kevin saying "Which happened to me one year. I know." She looks away and continued.

"This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I have been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in its conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?" Cheryl agrees straight away to help. Veronica continues "You want Polly to feel loved and supported." "Yeah, but ideally by her own parents." "Okay, so baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room, in a public setting where they can't fight and voila, let the healing begin." Jug interferes in the conversation. "Am I expected to come to this thing?" "Of course. You're Sky's boyfriend, so..." I looked at Veronica with wide eyes. "Oh, my God, you guys, relax. We have noticed you guys being all lovey-dovey, we are not blind. It's just a word that starts with the letter B. Betty, what do you say?" She just smiles. I heard someone come in the student lounge and it was Mrs.Cooper.