Chapter 2

"Rin Matsuoka, Rin Matsuoka, are you even sure he goes to our school?" I heard Nagisa's voice, "What are you doing here Nagisa? Oh, Makoto too," I saw them look at the names on the shoe lockers, "We're looking for someone, I don't remember seeing him at the assembly," Makoto says to Nagisa, "What's their name, maybe I can help?" I tapped Makoto's shoulder, he stops and looks at a locker, "Bingo!" Nagisa runs over, "Can someone fill me in!" I looked at both of them, "Oh wait, Gou? Matsuoka? Sounds familiar," Makoto looks at the kanji, "Hang on, did you just say Gou Matsuoka?!" I pushed Makoto's head to the side, "That's Rin's little sister!" I looked at them, "Hang on, you know Rin?" Nagisa asks, I nodded, "We were best friends when he came to Australia, we always swam together too," I looked at the kanji and sure enough, it said Matsuoka. At the end of the day, we met up with Gou, "Wow, so Gou, you go to Iwatobi High too now huh?" Nagisa says, "Don't call me Gou, it's actually pronounced Kou!" She retaliates, "But you have the same name as a famous war lord's daughter in the Sengoku era," I touched my chin, "Sure but... it's modern times now and Kou is how it's pronounced so call me that, you should respect a girl's wishes," She pouts, "Yeah so moving right along," Makoto tries to ease the tension between Nagisa and Gou, "DON'T GLOSS IT OVER!" She shouts, "Sorry..." Both of us inched back and held our hands up in defence, "But what were you doing at Haru's place?" I asked, we saw her waiting in front of Haru's house, "I er... I was gonna ask him something about my brother," She itches her chin, "So we didn't see a doppelgänger, we really did see Rin, he's really back from Australia," Makoto says, "Hang on, you're saying Rin's here?!" I looked up at him, "Well yeah, that's who we must've seen yesterday," Makoto nodded, I was shocked, "He came back last month, he's going to Samezuka now, it's a boarding school so technically he hasn't bene home home yet but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen him yet," She nods, "Woah, he's going to Samezuka? the one with the ultra amazing swim team?" Makoto flinches. 

"No." Haru dries his hair, "Aw come on, just for a little bit," Nagisa pouts, "Don't you wanna go see Rin?" Makoto asks, "We just saw him yesterday," Haru continues drying his hair, I blushed bright red as I saw his body, "And here I was thinking you'd jump at the chance to swim in an actual pool, Samesuka's indoor but it doesn't sound like your at all interested," Makoto gives a sly grin, Haru looks up, his eyes gleaming. The four of us caught the train to Samezuka, "How come you're tagging along this time?" Nagisa asks, "I want to see Rin again, but keep it a secret, if we do see him don't tell him I'm here," I winked and held a finger to my lips, he smiled and nodded eagerly. 

"Nakugawa, watch your speed, you're slowing down," We heard someone bark inside the pool, it was already sunset by the time we got there, "You see Rin anywhere?" I looked around, "Not yet, he might be out today, Ha-" Makoto shakes his head and turns around, Haru was already undressing, he was about to unbuckle his belt, "Woah! Stop taking your clothes off!" I grabbed his wrists and blushed bright red, "Well Makoto dragged me here and I only came here to swim," Haru shouts at Makoto, "No you're right, we should probably wait till their practice is over and we can have the pool to ourselves," Nagisa runs up to us, "You do realise we'll get caught for trespassing again right," Makoto sighs, "What did Miss Amakata say about holding back? Never hold an empty glass to the moon, we've got to live our lives, we only liv-" Nagisa says, we look at him, "What is wrong with you! We've got a girl here!" Makoto covers my eyes, I didn't get to turn around but I already knew that Haru probably stripped down to his swimmers. By the time it was night, everyone cleared out of the pool, we slowly opened the door and peeked in, no one was inside, "I still think this'll get us in trouble," Makoto looks left and right, Haru stripped his shirt and pants off and dived into the water, "Seriously?" Makoto droops, "Just look how much at home he looks, still moves like a dolphin," Nagisa looks at Haru, "Hey let's jump in and swim with him," Nagisa says, "Are you nuts? We'll get into so much trouble if they find us the whole point in coming was to find Rin," Makoto hisses, "Let's go for a few laps, as long we don't turn the lights on they can't find us no one will get in trouble," Nagisa took his shirt off, "But you don't have a swim sui-" I almost screamed, Makoto covered my eyes, "Then I'll skinny dip, here it goes, cannonball!" He jumps in, "Makoto, Yuki, come here for a second," Nagisa looks at us, "You're insane, how do you think I'm getting in th-" Nagisa grabbed Makoto's foot and dragged him in fully clothed, I knew better and hung back, "No, no, no, no, no!" Makoto fell into the water, "Hahaha! You should've seen your face," Nagisa laughs, "That's right, laugh it up," Makoto takes his shirt off, "Bam!" Nagisa swipes his arm along the waters surface and sprays me with water, "Tough luck boys if you think I'm getting in there," I laughed, they tried to reach up and grab my legs but I stayed far enough back for them to grab me, "You're coming in!" Makoto splashes me with water, I laughed, "Nu-uh," I shook my head, Haru was peacefully floating in the water, we heard the door open and we all freaked out, "What the hell is this? What the hell are you bastards doing here?" I heard a voice, my eyes widened, "Rin..." Makoto tries to think of an excuse, "We were just looking for you," Nagisa raises his hand up, I was further back os he didn't see me yet, the two of them look at me, I shook my head frantically and held a finger to my lips, "Get out," Rin glares at them, "But Rin..." Nagisa flops his hand back into the water, "Free... Did you forget? I told you, I only swim freestyle," Haru surfaces, "Haru..." Makoto looks at him, "I'm supposed to have three years till I'm back to normal I guess it won't hurt to leave it a little longer," Rin says, "What was it you showed me back then that I wasn't supposed to forget? I seem to be having a little trouble remembering," Haru shakes the water out of his hair, "Oh, I see what this is, have it your way. Just so you know it'll be completely different this time." Rin glares at Haru.