Chapter 12

We managed to loose Rei a while ago, I read a text from him saying that he lost the target, I stifled a laugh as I thought how serious those two boys were making this out to seem. Rin took me behind a chainlink fence, there was a large tree planted right in front of us, we stayed silence, but it was a comfortable silence, he brought me into his chest and rested his head on top of mine, I smiled and leaned into his warmth, "What's wrong?" I whispered, still looking straight, I felt his grip tighten, "Your butterfly swimmer. Who was he?" He asks, "That was Rei Ryugazaki, he used to be on the track and field team but he joined our club just a few weeks ago." I held onto his arm, "Just a few weeks ago?!" Rin spins me out of his arms and looks at me, I nodded, "No wonder, his stroke was unrefined, his rhythm was horrendous and how he swum... it was just a joke. What was he even doing? What the hell was that? Was that supposed to be a butterfly? Pathetic. I don't get it, out of all the people why was an amateur  swimming with all of them?" He grit his teeth and his eye twitched, I held his cheek, "Everyone starts from somewhere, just remember the time when you and I first swum, I remember very clearly you couldn't do more than three full butterfly strokes before you couldn't launch yourself out of the water, but look at you now. You're one of the best, if not the best butterfly swimmers I've ever seen in my entire life." I tapped the corner of his lip, "I hate when you're right," His lip curls up and he hugs me tightly again, "You know I'm always right," I smirked, "Also, one more thing," He looks down at me, "I'm swimming in the relay at regionals," He says, I smiled, "I'm happy. Really happy," I look up at him, "Huh? Why would you be? I'll smoke your team," He grins, "It'll bring the best out of them," I leant up and kissed him. "You know you don't have to walk me home, I'm perfectly fine going home myself, besides, what about Kou?" I swung Rin and my hand back and forth as we walked down my street, "Mum picked Kou and her friend up from the festival, you think I can leave you to walk all on your own at night? Tough luck," He grins, showing his pointy teeth, "Talk about overprotective," I shook my head, "What can I say? Paranoia," He smirks and looks away, "Oh Rin! I can go home by myself! I'm not a little kid anymore!" I puffed my cheeks out, "Blah, blah, blah, I'm not listening," He grins. "I'm home!" I knock on the door, I heard the door unlock, "Hey Stinger, what took you so lon- RIN!" Dad throws his hands around Rin, both of them laughing and grinning, "I knew this would happen," I slipped my shoes off and went inside, "Charlie!" Rin's face lights up, "Come on Son, no need, make yourself at home, Mika and I have missed you!" Dad booms, Rin takes his shoes off and walks in like it's his own home, then again, my home is basically his second home and my second home is practically Rin's house, "Is that Rin?!" I heard Mum's voice upstairs, "Your son's finally here!" I shouted from the stairwell and took my hair out, I heard Mum run down the stairs, she hugged Rin tight, "Look how much you've grown, I remember you being this tall just yesterday," Mum holds her hand out to her leg, "Stop it Honey, you're embarrassing him," Dad nudges Mum, "You got any food or leftovers? I kinda want a snack," I looked through our fridge, "Shark, want anything?" I peeked my head from the fridge door, he shrugged, "An apple if you have one," I yells back, I nod, I grabbed an apple for him and an apple for me, I threw it to him, "Thanks," He kisses my head, "Kiki! You know better than to do that!" Mum scolds me, she takes the apple from Rin and washes it and cut it to look like rabbits.

 "I'm home!" I knock on the door, I heard the door unlock, "Hey Stinger, what took you so lon- RIN!" Dad throws his hands around Rin, both of them laughing and grinning, "I knew this would happen," I slipped my shoes off and went inside, "Charlie!...