Chapter 15

"Fresh faced recruits huh? Well a surefire way to scare up interest just to win up some races," Coach looks at the photos he hung up of Iwatobi Swimming Club, "Obviously yes but easier said than done," Rei nods, "I'm sorry coach you needed us for something?" Mako asks, Coach Sasabe chuckles,"Nothing worthwhile is easy my friend but you do have a hell of a resource." He turns around and lights up, "The Iwatobi Swim Club is back in business." Mako smiles as the six of us look out at the indoor pool, "Yes it is! I give you Iwatobi SC returns! Say hello to months of blood, sweat, tears and the perfect Ph balance!" Coach Sasabe booms, "You're the greatest human being alive!" Nagisa tackles him in a hug, "Thank you coach!" Kou, Rei, Mako and I look at him, "Look if you want to thank me train hard and kick some tail at next week's city tournament at the champions I know you to be." He grins, we hear the sound of zips and buckles, "Wait not so fast Chief!" Haru ran into the water, "Wait Haru he said not to-!" Mako tries to stop him, "Damn it listen to when people are talking to you!" Coach shouts at Haru who was already swimming laps, "Last one in's a rotten egg!" Nagisa shouts, "Fine use the locker rooms!" Coach grumbles, we all laughed, little did we know someone was watching us.

"Rin!" I jumped on his back, I saw him with a notebook and pencil in hand in a huddle of guys, "Hey," He tucks his hands under my legs so I wouldn't slip off, "As I was saying you don't have to but it puts some experience under your belt give it some thought," He shimmies me up his back, "Right!" The boys bark, "Also my eyes are here and not on Yuki's face," He glares at them, "Sir..." They all look at him, "What do ya know, The Shark makes a decent captain after all." I tie his hair up with a spare hair tie on my wrist, "Oh come on, what do you mean by decent?" He smirks, "Hey what's your name?" I saw a guy walk near us as I was still on Rin's back, "How do you know the captain?" "Are you single?" They all ask, I nervously laugh, "You boys might want to hold on those relationship status questions to yourselves otherwise my boyfriend might bite your heads off and kick you off the swim team," I kissed Rin's ear, they all realised and shuddered, "Want to ask anymore questions you guys?" He had a glint in his eye, all the boys gulped, "N-No." They shuddered. "You're late!" Coach Sasabe says to the five of us, I was walking with the boys, Kou was already ready with Coach and Miss A, "Woah, why are you suited up Coach?!" Nagisa peeks his head out, "Cause! There's a Gen Pop competition too!" He puffs out his chest. "It's a much more relaxed atmosphere than the regional's rather nice if you ask me," I look out at the pool and stands, "A few underdeveloped muscles I think," Kou nods, "Shame there's no relay for us to showcase our teamwork," Rei says sadly, "Yeah kinda sucks," Nagisa flops on the railing, "But there'll be relays in the regionals!" He perks up, we all smile. We saw Rin and Haru get ready at the blocks, "Nice, Rin and Haru are up next," Nagisa points, "Hey, there're in the same lanes again," I smile, "Come on Big Bro!" Kou shouts, "Let's go Haru!" Mako cheers, "Go Rin!" I cheer, "Give em hell!" Rei shouts, "Ready." The referee blows his whistle and all the boys dive in. "Oh wow look how fast they are." Miss A leans over, "Rin's gaining the lead fast." I watch him, "Don't get left behind, Haru!" Nagisa cups his mouth, "Push, push, push!" Rei shouts, "Come on!" Mako cheers, "Rin's got the first turn," I watched as Haru still had his tumble turn, "They're on a whole other level than the rest," I saw that Rin and Haru were only had half the pool left to go while everyone else only just did their turn, "Oh man, Haru's really giving big brother a run for his money," Kou touches her lip, "No way. They got the same time?!" Mako looks at the board, sure enough.

5, Matsuoka Rin, 1
4, Nanase Haruka, 1

"Congratulations to the swimmers in lane four and five. Nanase and Matsuoka have set out first tournament record!" The loudspeakers announcer, I saw Rin raise his hand up, he went over and the two high-fived, I smiled at the two boys. "Way to go Haru, you were amazing! You didn't just outdo yourself you tied with my brother!" Kou gushed, we were outside the venue, the day was already over, "I think you've all reached a new personal best," Miss A nods, "Ah, I'd have done better if I kept in shape," Coach Sasabe slaps his stomach, "Don't be so hard on yourself, what's that old saying..." Miss A touches her lip, we saw Samezuka walk out, the six of us nodded, "Rin~" I jumped on his back again, all the boys avoided me like the plague, "Don't worry, I'll keep this Shark in check for you. I won't let him draw blood," I winked and held a finger to my lips, the boys nodded and blushed, "Her word isn't final, I still get last call. She just has input." Rin looks at them, they all run onto the bus, "What's up?" He flips me off his back and puts me in front of him, "You and me need to talk, meet me at Iwatobi High at dusk. It's about... us." I say seriously, his eyes widen, "Wait, what's wrong?" He grabs my arms, "Show up or don't, your choice." I shrug him off me and walk back to the boys, I bit my cheeks to stop myself from laughing, "Yuki! What's wrong?" He spins me around, "Go away Rin, I'm only talking about it if you come." I shoo him off, "Yuki..." His voice cracked, I bit my lip hiding my grin, all the boys stifled a laugh at the expression on my face and how I was trying to keep my laughter in.

"Hey, it's me, you in there? Please Yuki, tell me what I did." I heard Rin's vice outside, Nagisa held his finger to his lips and giggled quietly, we heard the door squeak open, "Huh? Okay..." We saw him walk in, it was all pitch black because we turned all the lights off and shut all the curtains, his eyes widen, "Take him away!" I ordered, "Kiki!" Haru and Mako hooked their arms under his and Nagisa put the Little Iwatobi paper mâché bird head on his so he couldn't see. "Huh?! What's going on! Put me down!" Rin flails about, "Don't be a douchebag," Haru says, "Haru, stay on script!" Nagisa huffs, "I mean don't fight it." Haru corrects himself, "Somebody better explain this to me!" Rin shouts, "Good job guys! Don't let him touch the ground!" Kou gives us a thumbs up, "Kou is that you? What's going on?!" Rin shouts, "Just shut up and enjoy it, we're taking you up a lot of flights of stairs you don't want to walk up," I run after them, "Yuki?! Is that you?!" He turns his head left to right, "I'm gonna cause some major damage if you don't get this stupid thing off!" Rin shouts, we finally reach the place and we pull Little Iwatobi's head off Rin's. "Surprise," I say softly and I grabbed his arm, his eyes widen and he looks down at me, "Remember that time in elementary school when you told me your dream? You wanted to swim in a pool of cherry blossoms." Haru held the paper mâché head, "Our original plan was to spruce up the pool a little as an advertisement aimed at new members," Mako smiles, "Miss A gave us permission to open it early!" Nagisa peeks out, "But no one came so it was all not nought." Rei sighs, "Seemed like a shame to let all that go to waste so we thought, you know, you'd appreciate it." Kou smiles, "This is amazing..." I felt him hiccup, and he turned around wiping his eyes with his sleeve, "Well go on, take a dip." Rei offers, "What?" He looks up, "Enjoy yourself." The boys hold their hands out to the pool, "I mean since you're here and all might as well," Haru nods, "Not to be ungrateful but it's kinda chilly for a swim don't you think?" Rin sweatdrops, "Aw come on, don't be a wuss, get in there!" Kou perks up and gets her camera out ready, Nagisa and Rei push him towards the pool, the rest of them left, "Here, let me try," I whisper, they nod and head down the stairs, "Yuki, and to think, I thought you were gonna break up with me, he gave a small smile, "Idiot, you think I'd ever break up with you? I love you too much," I rested my head on his chest, before he could close his arms around me I pushed him into the pool, "Oopsies, my bad," I grin and rub the back of my head, "Oh you, I'm gonna get you in here too Ray!" Rin lunges out like a shark and pulls me in, I squealed and laughed, the two of us swam through the pink petals, we fought the layers of clothes and put them on the edge of the pool in a soggy mass, "And to think I thought only Haru goes out wearing his swimmers underneath this clothes," I saw Rin in his swimmers, "Me? Look at you!" He saw me in my swimmers I laughed, "What? I knew this was happening so I prepared," I ducked under the water and came out with a pile of petals on top of my head, we swam for about half an hour then we floated on our backs, "It's kinda nice having the sun hit my stomach, arms and legs you know," I closed my eyes, he hummed, "Hey uh, have you ever thought about life after graduation?" Rin asks, I lift my head up and look at him, "Mm, not really," I close my eyes again, "So you have no idea what you want to do." I heard the water move, "We can't all have our eyes set like you," I smiled, "Are you kidding? I've wasted so much time it's not even funny. The only progressive thing I did when I was in Australia was meeting you." I felt him come up from under me and lift me up out of the water, I laughed, "The nationals this summer is my last chance to get scouted. People'll be coming from all over and I need to get down. Focus on bringing my A game, but seriously though, what are you gonna do once high school's just a memory?" He asks, "Then do you want my truthful answer?" I look at him, he nods, "I'm not one to revolve my life around one person," I say, he looked down, "But Rin, ever since I met you, all the way back, I knew that you were the one for me. I'll travel to the ends of the earth just to be with you again." I hug hm tight, his eyes widen, "Yuki..." He hugs me tight, "I love you so much," He whispers, "I love you too Rin," I close my eyes. 

"Mum, Dad! We're home!" I take my shoes off, "We're?" I saw Dad peek his head out, "Hey son!" He waves as he saw Rin, "Hey," He waves, "You to reek of chlorine again," I heard Mum's voice from the living room, "Sharp nose as always," Rin calls out and grins, "We're gonna head for a shower then sleep, I'm exhausted." I yawned, "Get some sleep you two, you looked knackered," Dad puts his plate into the dishwasher, we nod and head upstairs. I took a shower and I was waiting for Rin, "I'm done," He comes out drying his hair with my towel, I pet the side of the bed, he drapes the towel on my chair and lays down, "I don't get it, why didn't you go back to your dorm?" I look at him, "I get a few free days a year, I chose this to be mine," He pets his chest and I lay down on it, "Good night," I yawned, "Good night Ray." I felt his arm snake around, before we even knew it, we fell asleep,