II-Say you love me

Months had passed ever since Y/n introduced Kuroo to her parents. They seemed to get along really well, Kuroo comes over frequently and hangs out with them.

They started dating four months after they met. 

Kuroo found everything about her interesting, the way she would always keep him guessing, the mystery.

It's been a year since they started going out, Kuroo was now in his third year and Y/n in her second.

It was a typical friday night for the L/N's, having Kuroo come over and have dinner with them.

"So Kuroo, you're going to the same university as S/n, right?" their father curiously asks.

"Ahh, yes." Kuroo confirmed.

"I hope you'll be helping our daughter stay out of trouble." their mother says.

"Which one?" Kuroo asks jokingly, making the whole table laugh lightly.

Kuroo looked at S/n as he laughed, getting Y/n all irritated.

Kuroo and Y/n often spend a lot of time together, S/n sometimes tagging a long. Kuroo didn't mind, Y/n hated it.

It felt as if HER boyfriend belonged to her sister, just like everything else, of course.

Y/n came to all of his games, occasionally cheering when he scores a point.

He made her feel things.

He made her feel different.

He made her feel as if nothing else mattered except her.

Though right now, did he?

When Y/n was with Kuroo, it's like all her problems disappear and the fear of disappointment gets buried in the back of her mind.

The thought of Kuroo spending more time with her sister when they go to university wasn't alright with her.

All the what ifs suddenly overpowering her thoughts.

"Ah, it's time for me to go." Kuroo said to her parents while he looked at his watch.

"I'll-"

"I'll see him out." Y/n purposely cuts off her sister, glaring at the floor during the process.

They got up and made their way to the door, Kuroo putting his shoes on and grabbing his coat.

The two stepped out the door and walked under the moonlight, just like the day Kuroo confessed.

-Flashback-

"Oi, Y/n." Kuroo said to her in a serious tone.

"What?" she said in an annoyed voice,  kicking the tiny rock at the side of the road.

"Slow down, you might trip." Kuroo warns the girl.

"I'm not dumb."

"Where's Kenma anyways?" she asks.

Kuroo took quick steps to catch up with her.

"Y/n." Kuroo says again with a hint of seriousness in his voice, stopping in his tracks, Y/n doing the same.

"What again?" Y/n turns her head to the boy with slight annoyance, eventually getting shocked at how close he is

"I like you."

Y/n immediately turns her head to the left, not wanting Kuroo to see her expression.

Y/n couldn't decide if she should fidget  with her fingers or scratch the back of her neck.

"I said I like you, go out with me?" Kuroo asks her, scratching the back of his neck while his other hand stays warm in his pockets.

"I- Okay." Y/n replied and Kuroo sighed in relief.

Y/n already had feelings for Kuroo, but it wasn't before he confessed that she realized how strong they were.

Kuroo quickly took her hand and shoved it in his coat's pockets, keeping them warm with his own.

-Flashback end-

"Tetsu." Y/n called him by his given name.

"Yes, grumpy?" Kuroo replies, chuckling at the nickname he came up with.

"Why do you like me?" she asks.

Yet another million dollar question.

"Because you're interesting."

"That's it?"

"No, it's because you always keep me guessing, you're never boring, you're the only person that can actually keep up with my scientific discussions,  and you're... Y/n." Kuroo keeps his voice gentle.

"You can leave me here. Get home safe, okay?" Kuroo pats her head once they reach train station near their house.

Y/n nods in response.

"Hey." Y/n stops him but he doesn't look back.

"I love you." Y/N says to him, finally making him stop.

Kuroo laughs lightly and turns back around, slowly walking towards her.

With a slight smile, he presses his lips on the top of her head.

"What's with you today?" he asks with a slight smile and turns back around, leaving her.

Why can't you say it back?