XX

Y/n looked back at the same stars that watched their story unfold.

The same stars that watched how it all began, the same stars that watched her smile even just for a while, and the same stars that watched how it all ended.

She slowly closed her eyes, letting the wind carry her hair and hit her face.

Taking a sip of coffee for warmth as she opens her eyes once again.

A sigh was heard behind her, along with heavy footsteps approaching her.

"Kuroo." she called out, sure of who was behind her.

"Hmm." Kuroo responded with a hum and sat beside her.

He secured his coat around him for some more warmth, looking softly at the stars the same way Y/n did.

"I thought you'd hate this place after all what happened." he commented which caused the corner of Y/n's lips to form into a slight smile.

She was silent as he waited for her response.

"I don't hate the place... I just don't like the memories I left here." she explained.

"I know that no matter how many times I say sorry, it won't hurt any less but... I'm sorry." Kuroo leaned on his knees with his elbows.

"Yeah..."

They stayed silent for a couple of minutes, looking at their surroundings as their old memories flashed through their minds before realizing that on this day, seven years ago, at the very same spot, was their first date.

Then that date led to many more, and unfortunately, it led to their last conversation.

And now it led to their confrontation.

"You know... " Y/n whispered.

Kuroo turned his head to face her direction.

"Even if it was just for three years, you made me feel happy."

"I guess it's pathetic but... I admit those were the happiest years of my life." she looked down on her cup.

"It was nice having someone care for you for a while, even if it was temporary I wouldn't complain. It made me feel important even if it was just a short time." Y/n told him.

"It was enough..." she said, smiling at the stars once again as her tears fell down her soft cheeks.

She sniffled silently as Kuroo's expressions saddened.

"I- The first time I saw you I knew there was something wrong. I noticed the empty look on your eyes. I wanted to fill them with happiness." Kuroo ran his fingers through his messy hair as a tear leaves his eyes.

"But I ended up being the reason tears streamed down from them..."

He missed those days where he actually made her smile before he was the reason she couldn't.

"Sometimes at night, I'll remember all about us." she told him.

"It hurt a lot and I knew it wasn't healthy... But it feels nice to know that someone actually cared about me..."

"That at some point in my life I was actually important to someone." she cried quietly.

"And I wanted you to keep caring... I wanted someone to care about me the same way you used to, anyone, just... anyone would do." she pitied herself.

"All it'd take is one person and maybe then I'll start to feel again."

Kuroo gently directed her head using his hand to his shoulder.