XIV

Kuroo and S/n, along with their parents, arrived in Miyagi earlier than Kenma and Y/n, who had decided to arrive later that afternoon.

Y/n felt a bit nervous, she hasn't seen her mom's side of the family for god knows how many years.

Though she felt relief knowing that someone would be there with her.

She had decided to dress casually for comfort, considering that the ride was quite a distance. Though she did pack some more formal clothes for the gathering.

Kenma kept his hands on the steering wheel as he focused on driving.

Y/n stared at the window while listening to the playlist she had made just for this trip.

"Hey, Kenma." she unconsciously calls his name.

Kenma had an urge to look at her, but held it back due to safety purposes considering he was driving.

He kept his eyes on the road before answering.

"Yes?" he asks calmly.

"Thanks." Y/n says, her fingertips caressing her own nails.

Kenma sighed loudly and continued to drive.

"You need to stop thanking me." Kenma said to her with a small frown.

They chatted lightly about video games throughout the whole trip until they finally arrived in Miyagi and rented an inn, not wanting to stay at their family's house to avoid her parents.

Their house in Miyagi was quite big, but considering most of their family had been living the house ever since, it was quite packed, with only two rooms being empty and available for guests.

Kenma parked his car in front of the inn, taking the backpack from his backseat that was full of his clothes.

And another bag with some of his games.

Y/n grabbed her stuff and followed the boy inside the inn. Kenma was pleased with the place they had found.

He would've been fine staying at Y/n's family's manor but he knew that she wasn't ready to face her parents.

But she'll have to eventually, and Kenma wasn't sure what will happen, which made him even more concerned about her well-being.

Why does it feel like you're punishing yourself for nothing, Y/n?

Kenma admired Y/n with sadness in his eyes.

The two went off to sleep at around 9 pm, Kenma tweeting to let his fans know that he was alive and will continue the streams next week.

...

Y/n wore a loose, new, dress of her favorite color made of comfortable fabric while Kenma dressed up wearing a suit and tie, abandoning his usual hoodie.

The both of them got into his car, driving to the L/n's manor silently.

Kenma could feel the nervousness radiating off the girl's body.

"You'll be fine." Kenma muttered silently though Y/n still heard it.

And she couldn't disagree more.

They arrived at the L/n's manor and was welcomed by her little cousins playing tag on the front yard.

Most of her family was gathered inside the dining room, but some were still chatting in the front yard while sitting at the newly painted chairs.

A lot had changed ever since they left for Tokyo.

Kenma felt just as nervous since he didn't really have a reason to be there.