IV-Stay a little longer

Kuroo didn't sleep that night.

He took the first train to Tokyo that morning, wanting to apologize to his girlfriend.

He left S/n at her own apartment with some food and a note.

Kuroo got off the train and immediately went to Nekoma to see
Y/n. It was a busy day and lots of people were commuting too.

"Y/n?" The boy from her class repeated after Kuroo.

"Yeah. She's been y-"

"Oh! L/n!" The boy cut him off.

"She didn't go to school today." He explained while fixing his things.

"Ah, thank you." He said with disappointment as he walks through the school gate.

Kuroo took a cab to Y/n's house, where else would she be after all?

Kuroo knocked on the door countless times, no one was answering. He remembered both Y/n and S/n's parents had work.

"Y/n!" Kuroo said, knocking even louder.

Kuroo felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned around.

He saw an old lady with a bright smile.

"I saw Y/n come out of the house earlier, she wasn't wearing her uniform." The lady explained and went back to her yard to water her plants.

"Ah, thank you." He said in disappointment.

"Do you have any idea where she went?" Kuroo says respectfully.

The old lady smiles and shakes her head.

Kuroo went back to Nekoma, hoping for his help.

Y/n goes to her balcony and mouths a 'thank you' to the lady.

She goes back to her bed for some rest, sipping on the soup the lady had cooked for her.

Kenma calling...

Slide to accept

"Kenma?" she answers in a calm tone.

"Where are you? You didn't come to school today." He asks in a worried manner.

Kenma and Y/n were good friends, she occasionally went to his house and hung out with him by playing video games.

"I'm at my house, I'm quite sick so I didn't go to school today." she explains, hearing a sigh from the other side of the phone.

"Alright, take care." Kenma wishes her.

"I already went to her house, she wasn't there." Kuroo said.

Kenma was the only one who knew the two were secretly dating, given that it didn't seem like he cared, no word about it has ever gotten out.

"She's avoiding you, Kuroo-san." Kenma mutters, pouting.

"I can see that, Kenma."

"She was so excited to see you, you ditched her last minute." Kenma explained, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I'm gonna go, thanks Kenma." Kuroo pats his back.

Kuroo arrived at the L/ns residence.

Kuroo lifts up the second pot to his right, finding a key to open their door.

"Y/n, I know you're here." Kuroo shouts.

"Go away, Kuroo." she shouts back, her voice raspy.

Kuroo went upstairs and opened her room.

It was neat but there were tissues all over.

"What happened?" Kuroo asks worriedly.

"I'm sick."

"Duh." she added sarcastically.

Kuroo puts his hand near her forehead.

"What did you do?" Kuroo asks another question.

"It was freezing last night." she explained.

"Then why the hell did you stay!?" Kuroo shouts at her.

"I told you this already, you said you would come." She holds her voice back, trying not to sound angry.

Kuroo sighs, his hands running through his hair to relieve some stress.

"Are you cold?" Kuroo asks her softly.

Y/n nods and turns to her side in response.

She hugged her pillow tight and buried her face on its soft pillow case.

Kuroo took off his coat and threw it to Y/n's desk.

He moved her blanket and laid beside her. Kuroo got closer and wrapped his arms around her, feeling her warmth.

"Let's stay like this for a while." Kuroo said, burying his nose on her neck.

"Sorry I couldn't make it last night, your sister was rea-"

"Stop talking." Y/n mumbled, earning a chuckle from Kuroo before he holds her closer.

"Your parents might get confused if they see me here."

"Mom won't be home till tomorrow and dad's on a business trip." the smaller figure explained.

"Hmmm" Kuroo groans softly.

Y/n stared at the wall for a couple of minutes, realizing Kuroo was now sleeping.

"Tetsu..."

Kuroo unconsciously groans.

"Stay with me for a little while longer... please." Y/n mumbles before drifting off to sleep.

Kuroo waited a few minutes before opening his eyes, making sure she was asleep.

What do you mean, Y/n?