III-Tired

Graduation day-

Kenma and Y/n watched as the volleyball team bid farewell to their captain.

"Relax, I'll come visit at least once a month y'know." he said while ruffling his hair, even making it a bigger mess.

Y/n was worried, extremely worried.

They were gonna be miles apart, travel won't be easy, and worst of all... her sister would be spending more time with him.

Her sister won't exactly steal him, she's not like that.

After all, no one knew they were together.

Y/n knew she wasn't the reason she gets treated badly, but she still blamed her.

Y/n waited until the other third years were gone to talk to Kuroo.

"Should we tell them?" she kept playing with her fingers, massaging it.

"About what?"

Don't tell me you're already forgetting.

"Us." she blankly responds, hiding the expression on her face.

"Let's wait until you graduate, okay?" Kuroo asks with a smile while taking her hand.

She just nodded in response, acting like she doesn't notice.

That night at the train station, he didn't say it back.

Kuroo wasn't sure.

He was unsure about a lot of things.

S/n was the opposite of Y/n, yet he felt like they were so similar in so many ways.

-Months later-

Y/n was now in her last year of high school and Kuroo had just entered university.

They called each other every night, but Y/n didn't think it was enough.

Whenever she called him, their conversation would be "How was your day?", "Are you doing fine?", "How's school?" and it would usually end in "I'm tired.".

Tell me Kuroo, what are you tired of?

Your studies? Or are you tired of me?

Y/n's birthday was coming up in a few weeks.

Unlike her sister who would celebrate every year, Y/n had only celebrated three.

And two of those were with Kuroo, the last birthday she had with here family was when she was 4.

Kuroo made plans to come home during her birthday, wanting to celebrate it like the last two.

Kuroo never let go of her hand whenever they were on dates, he would always keep hers warm with his.

Y/n felt cold. All over.

The blanket Kuroo gave her for her birthday keeping her warm, but it wasn't enough.

I wish you were here, Tetsu.

-Weeks later-

Y/n waited at their favorite place, Ueno park.

They loved sitting in the benches while holding hands, admiring the pond.

Y/n started to get impatient and played with her phone.

He was supposed to be there at 5:00, it was only 4:52 but Y/n was already there.

Kuroo always showed up ten minutes early to all of their dates, afraid he'll keep her waiting all alone.