↳ five

"It looks like everyone is here, so let's get on the buses. Class 1A on the left one, 1B on the right bus. Hurry up," Nightmare ushered.

It was Sunday, a few weeks since school had started, and the first-year hero course students were being taken on a school trip to the Tokyo Museum of Heroism. The museum was several hours away from Musutafu. All their teachers had said that it would be a good trip to inspire them in their early training towards being a hero. For some though, it was just a trip to a boring museum, and they just wanted go get it over with.

Umiko stepped onto the bus and took the free space next to a girl with black hair that, if she recalled correctly, was called Yamada. Her head was lowered, and she was nervously fiddling with her hair. She reminded Umiko of a timid mouse, in fact, she couldn't recall her ever talking in class.

As the bus started to move, she mindlessly looked around her. Her eyes landed on Tsukamoto staring at her, before quickly looking away. However, sitting on the other side of her, Nakazawa had noticed the boy's constant stares.

"Fujiwara," she leaned over to whisper in her ear. "Why does Tsukamoto keep looking at you, does he have a crush on you or something?"

"No," she replied flatly.

"That's so boring," she groaned. "Why hasn't there been any gossip to talk about since we started school. I was expecting more romance."

"Nakazawa, how many times do we have to tell you that school isn't for romance and gossip," Miyagi, the now class representative, scolded from a few seats down.

"What? You don't think heroes have hidden relationships sometimes?"

"Yes, but they don't let their personal lives affect their hero work."

"Whatever, when I go pro I'll make sure every guy in Japan is head-over-heels in love with me."

"If you say so."

Umiko slid her headphones over her head and tuned out the surrounding conversations. She waited patiently over the next few hours for them to arrive at their destination.

A few hours later, the slow hum of the moving bus came to a stop.

"Alright everyone, start filing out of the bus, then we can get inside the museum. Us teachers will be waiting out here for a while since a tour guide will show you around. There's no need for us to be in there since we've been there too many times by now."

All the students started following these instructions and before long they were starting their tour.

༺♡༻

Umiko couldn't tell how much time had passed since the start of the tour. Then again, she wasn't paying attention to the time. All these halls filled with generations of heroes fascinated her, especially those with water-based quirks like hers. These people had once been students like herself. However, she'd quickly walked away from a section about someone called the Hero Killer, known for his blood-filled murders. It reminded her of too many bad memories.

Moving onwards, she found a small display of some hero called Aqua Girl. It was very short, probably easily looked over by visitors. Many lesser-known heroes are known to be ignored. It said that Aqua Girl had been a young hero who worked on shores and boats on the sea.