↳ six

She was eleven once more, and she was terrified. It was happening all again, the villain standing there, her father shielding her whilst her mother tried to protect them. Everything was happening far too quickly. One moment her mother had managed to push the villain back with her quirk and the next, her father was screaming her mother's name as a blade flew at her, lodging itself in her spine as she looked back at them to make sure they were safe.

She didn't know what to do. She was too scared to help her so when her father, the quirkless man who could do nothing to save them, tried to run to her mother despite the villain being there, she felt hopeless. Above all, she wanted to help, but her own fear intensified. Watching as her parents put themselves in danger for her, she squeezed her eyes shut, trying to make it all go away.

But it didn't. She was stuck in her own terror, too cowardly to do anything as her mother and father risked their lives. She was weak.

Suddenly, someone was chanting her name desperately, and she opened her eyes, gasping for air. Looking around, she realized she wasn't in the alleyway, and she was confused. Where was she?

"Umiko!"

Snapping her head back to where the voice was coming from, she came to her senses, realizing where she was. Of course, she wasn't in the alleyway, she was fifteen and attending a hero school.

"Are you alright?" cried the voice, and she looked at him, realizing who it was. He was on the ground next to her, his eyes looking at her anxiously.

"Tsukamoto, what are you doing here? Where are the villains?"

"They're gone, it's fine,"

"Did someone catch them?"

"No, they escaped, but it's thanks to Iwasaki that we managed to escape. His reflexes made him use his quirk to turn into the size of an ant and escape under the door just as that rope guy started getting us all. He managed to get the teachers and some heroes from outside the building in time, and they got here quickly, but the villains escaped using some sort of teleportation quirk."

He pointed to a black-haired boy standing nearby who noticed them, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"Is anyone hurt?"

"You were the last one to fall asleep by that guy's quirk, don't worry?"

"How long was I out for?"

"It's been about ten minutes since the villains left."

"So the quirk doesn't last long, or it varies."

"Actually, the others woke up within two minutes. You were out longer for some reason. And you were kinda mumbling for a bit..." he mentioned slowly.

"Oh, that's... it doesn't matter," she shook her head with embarrassment.

"You sounded scared, are you sure? What if the quirk had some other side effects."

"I'm fine, really," she said, before getting up. She felt fine, so she wasn't sure why he was worrying so much. It was just a dream, it didn't concern him.

"Alright. Oh! I forgot to thank you. You saved me by letting yourself pass out from that quirk."

"You don't need to thank me, it was nothing."