Ch. 42 Christmas Condoms

*Lokela

He should know better by now, not to hope for the best. Or for anything at all, but what he deserved. Yet, there it was—all the hope in the world that she would somehow forgive him.

As her finger brushed his lips, a jolt of exquisite pain shot straight to his heart. She cupped his jaw and leaned forward. A new ache formed in his heart, a brilliant, blinding pain of his heart becoming whole. Only the weight of her on his chest kept him together. She wasn't leaving him.

"Can we start this over again?" he whispered. "Is there any promise I can give that you'll take?"

"In your letter, you wrote there was no kiss that would be a promise to right this wrong. Maybe you were wrong."

Her fingers moved from his lips to caress his face lightly, even to trace his scar, another part of him that was ugly. But that wasn't what he saw in her expression. She smiled, and every nerve lit on fire for her.

He drew her nearer, wanting her closer.

Her lips touched his, hesitant and brief. She paused to blink at him in the darkness. "Is your head all right for us to do this?"

"Ray, I swear, one day you'll kill me with your questions." He put an arm around her waist do pull her on top of him.

She met his hungry kiss with a heat that matched his own. Her summer night scent enveloped him. Her warmth swelled his heart just as her breath filled his lungs. She moved with him, rocking, swaying. She was the wave his heart was on—to be swallowed whole as well as lifted closer to the sun. The faint brush of her hand as it crawled up his shirt, the tickling wisps of her hair on his face, the soft pressure of her lips—all promising a second chance together.

"You are my gentle ocean, Kai wahine, I give you my heart, I will belong to you so long as you will keep me near," he breathed.

She kissed him again, her tongue darting into his mouth. He ran his hands the length of her body to cup her ass.

"So your head doesn't hurt too bad?" she asked, gasping as if out of breath.

"I'm not going to die, if that's what you're worried about," he answered.

She sat up suddenly, knees straddling him.

His dick instantly perked way the fuck up. She tugged her shirt over her head, exposing a see-through lace bra and the darker circles of her nipples. And then he had a raging hard-on.

His head? It was fine. It didn't hurt in the least.

Until she accidently bumped him with her forehead as she came down for another kiss.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"It's all right. Just keep doing what you were doing." He took her hips and ground into her.

She covered his face with wet, urgent kisses, careful to avoid his bandages. As she sucked his lower lip, he groaned in response, exhilarated anticipation of what was to come overwhelming his reason. He had Ray in his arms, and she was hot for him. He was going to bury himself—

"Wait," she said, pausing in mid-lip suck. "Do you have any condoms?"

His brain snapped back to reality. "Fuck."

***

*Ray

Embarrassed wasn't quite the word Ray was looking for. Guity? Well, trying to have sex with someone in observation at the hospital wasn't exactly a crime, if said person was willing and of sound mind.