Dark Red - Ushijima

Please listen to Dark Red by Steve Lacy whilst reading to understand the story better. If not. It's fine

"Something bad's about to happen to me" you sigh, taking a drag out of your cigarette

"Something bad's about to happen to me" you sigh, taking a drag out of your cigarette. Your best friend was playing a volleyball game in the stadium you stood outside of. You two recently got into a fight about you and your boyfriend. Ushijima hated the thought of another boy in the way of him. Sure he never showed any emotion but he did truly care about you. You flung the cig away, deciding to root your friend on despite him being a dick and walked into the stadium.

When you got to the players entrance you walked in on something you didn't want to see. Ushiji and your boyfriend fighting. This was very unusual because he never let's anyone interfere during his matches, even you, his best friend of years. "Nawwww Country boy this is so sad
, is this going to leave my nose run-"

"Running? Yes, now.. If you'll excuse me" Wakatoshi had no emotion as he turned his head. "Please don't tell her yet Ushijima, I hope she don't want  leave me" your boyfriend sighs as you moved a bit incase the two of them could see you. Fortunately they didn't as Ushiji started to walk back to the stadium to play his match and you go ahead and try to find a seat. You watched him play his best, yet again with no emotion on his face as he kept scoring a point. It freaked out the other team how calm he was as you laughed and cheered him on. He noticed your voice and quickly looked back, doing a little salute and returning his focus to his game. That was unusual for him to even look into the crowd. He was making sure to see if your idiotic boyfriend went to look for you yet.

Moments later he did.

He called out your name and saw a empty place on the bench and squeezed in beside you and looked down at his hands fumbling. " Babe? You okay?" you asked as he shook his head. "I think greatly of you, but I have to end things here baby" he murmurs as your eyes widened. "Dont.. You give me up! Please don't give up!" you looked at him as he still didn't make eye contact with you. "I just hope you find happiness somewhere else. This isn't just working for me." as he quickly scurried off. You knew Wakatoshi said something to him and you'll never forgive him for ruining your first boyfriend for you. Sure, he wasn't the best and maybe wasn't treating you the way he should but it was working in your eyes. You overthought about what the two men were talking about before you got there.

After the match you waited for Wakatoshi by your car, since you always brought him home from the games

After the match you waited for Wakatoshi by your car, since you always brought him home from the games. He walked to your car with a wave, no particular look on his face as you had your arms crossed, glaring at him. "What... You finally came? Thought you hated me forever" he grunted as you opened the car door. "What if she's fine and it's my mind what's wrong" the idiotic boy thought as he got into the car. The drive to her house was quiet. She didn't talk and blared her music which Ushiji hated. He asked you twice to turn it off and all you said was "My car my music",sticking your tongue.

You thought this would agitate the man but it made him a little bit happy on this inside. He thinks of you so much it drives him crazy. Only tendou knew and his response was to beat the crap out of your man for not treating him right. He stupidly did what tendou did, giving him a dig into the face and asking him to break up with you. He didn't ask yet but when Ushijima turned to look at you, there was tears streaming down your cheek. "Did he end things with you-"
"What did you say to him. Ushijima" you scowled as he was in awe. You haven't called him that since you were both twelve. "I told him was wasn't treating you like you should be treated. You deserved better" he mumbled, about to wipe your tears away as you slapped his hand away. "Whyd you hit him them?!"
"Uhm I-Tendou" he blurted as you turned the car into a car park, telling him to get out as you got out as well. You two went to a tree as he sighed.

You were still crying, this time he embraced you as you were shocked. He was never like this with you. He was always giving quotes he found out of magazines which were stupid, but they cheered you up. You planted your face into his tremendous chest, as he played with your hair. The two of you stayed like this for a whole as you looked up to him. When he was holding you he was whispering to himself, but you were unable to hear it clearly. "What did you want to say to me  Waka?" you whispered as he looks down. "Fuck I don't know how do to this without sounding creepy" he murmurs as he stares at you. Out of the many years you've known him, this is the most emotion he's shown, which is indefinitely absurb for you.

"Honey I belong with you and only" he whispers and you stood away from his embrace. The words shocked you to the core. Waka liking a girl for once? Girls always flung themselves at him but he only cared about farming and volleyball. You looked at your feet not knowing what to say.

"Why I feel this way I don't know maybe, I think of you so much it drives me crazy."

"Wakatoshi, this is a lot coming from you. Heck you never even went for girls in school before-"

"I was in love with you for years. I just thought it was friendship for so long. I realised it was more when I saw you finally falling in love for him. I realised I want to actually be something to you, more than being my best friend" he moves a little closer to you about to pick your hand up. He asked for permission as you nodded. He caught it and didn't know exactly what to do. You laughed and shook your head, all flustered at what the man was telling you. "Waka... You coulda handled the situation better.."you laughed and another sudden shock, he started to laugh too" C'mon, we both know you weren't happy with him. If you were mine I will treat you like an absolute princess "he moves a little closer, your head hitting the back of the tree. You smirked at him and went on your tippy toes.

" There's only one way to find out if I feel the same "you whispered, you attempted for his ear but you were so small compared to him so it was his shoulder. You placed both your hands on his shoulders, him nervously putting his on your waist as you  giggled, kissing him passionately.

You liked him since you met him. You just needed to see someone else as he seemed never interested in anyone else. You pulled away and smiled "I definitely like you" you whispered as he smirked "I belong with you and only you" you whispered as he lifts you up to reach his face, you kissed his cheek and scruffled his hair as ye both made out under the tree what felt like hours, forgetting the two of you had dinner at home made by your dad who has great interest in Ushijma.

 You pulled away and smiled "I definitely like you" you whispered as he smirked "I belong with you and only you" you whispered as he lifts you up to reach his face, you kissed his cheek and scruffled his hair as ye both made out under the tree wha...