*1*

SHE leans against the railing of the balcony as she takes in the beautiful view of Downtown Dubai. The city shines bright at night, as though bringing life to every inanimate object surrounding it. She takes a sip of my coffee before walking back to my room, closing the glass doors behind her. Plopping down on her bed, Farah surfs through some channels before deciding on watching the movie Mohabbatein playing on one of the channels. Shah Rukh Khan has been and will always be her lifetime crush. Bollywood movies always tend to over exaggerate things but this movie really makes her want to believe that she will one day have a love story like the main characters' in the movie do. Being twenty-six and single makes life lonely and boring sometimes, but it is what got her to where she is today; one of the most sought after interior designers in Dubai. Her love life really has gone to shits. Did not have a single serious relationship after the one that she had for over two years in high school. But Farah doesn't complain. After a while she turns the T.V off and decides to go to sleep as she has an early morning meeting.

*****

With her hair wrapped up in a towel and a bathrobe on, she walks into her closet, the clothes hanged up in specific areas with categories. She walks over to her formal attire section, glancing over the options she could choose from and ponders over her two mostly favoured outfits; a black pencil skirt with a white silk blouse and black dress pants with a red blouse. Farah decides to go with the former and puts on a pair of black pumps before curling her shoulder length dark drown hair and applying minimal make up.

The ringing of her phone distracts her from making her chai, a quick glance at the caller I.D isn't needed as she already knows its from her assistant,
"Yes Millie...He said no to the granite counter tops in the kitchen?...and marble?...he can't just want to change his colour scheme idea without wanting to go over his budget... well you make sure he sticks to his plan and if he wants to change anything he needs to be willing to pay for it too..." she hangs up before pouring her chai into her mug and makes her way to the door. Farah makes her way to her car and drives off to her parents' house, an Arabic style two story villa in Jumeira, overlooking the beautiful beach. A twenty minute drive later she reaches her destination and waits before the gates open up before parking in her designated spots. "As-salumu alaykum" she greets hello but also the literal meaning 'peace be upon you' in Arabic as she enters the house. "Farah!" Her father chimes when he hears her and pulls her into hug, "hello papa," she smiles at him and inhales his scent; a mix of his favourite perfume and bukhour (incense) with a hint of cigarette smell. "Papa have you been smoking?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed. Farah has been keeping track of his health, making sure he wouldn't do anything that would lead to deteriorating health. "it was just one beta," he says casually,
"that one could do a lot, please understand that," I say, "you loosen up, don't be so uptight," he says as he chuckles, making her gasp.
Farah and uptight? That could never be, but somewhere in her heart she knew it was sort of true. Maybe being lonely for so long and dealing with men who want nothing to do with her but only her money and body have made her this way. "mama, can I go out today? I can? Oh thank you so much you're the best!" She hears her sister ask and answer her own question. Zarah pops out of the kitchen and enters the leaving room, her dyed blond hair tied up in a high ponytail, her off shoulder black dress hugging her curves perfectly and her dimple popping as she smiles down at Farah. She looked just like the mini version of Farah, just a few different quirks making Zarah, well Zarah. "when did you show up?" Zarah asks as she pulls her sister into a tight hug. "just a few minutes ago," she smiles down at her eighteen year old sister.

"Collin, would you please explain your daughter to stop going out show much? She's been spending a hell lot and I do not want to spend money on building a room just to keep Zarah's shoes," her mom enters the living room. Beautiful wouldn't even begin to explain her mother's features. Her light brown wavy hair was tied up in a messy bun, a few strands hanging lose and her glasses perched up on her head. Her hazel eyes sparkling as she beamed at her daughter. "Farah habibti, you're home" using the term of endearment 'my love', her mom pulls her into a a bone crushing hug. "hi mama, how're you?" Farah asks her as she look at her mom in awe. "It's like I haven't seen you in ages," her mom's eyes start watering as she caresses Farah's cheek. "oh shut up Yara she literally came home a few days ago, you ought to stop watching those Indian tv series, they're making you way too melodramatic" her father says jokingly and rolls his eyes. "well sir I can't help, I've married an Indian, gotta keep up" she says and laughs.

Farah's parents married pretty young, at just twenty years old, they knew they wanted to be with each other. They both studied at the same university afterwards, her mom getting a degree law while her dad in business. Farah's mom is an Arab, a local, and her dad an Indian from Goa. Unique combination really, making their kids a little, as the others would say, 'exotic'. "alright guys I'm gonna head out, I've got a lot of work to do," Farah announces and just as she begins to walk away, her mom stops her, "won't you have breakfast?" "sorry mama, I promise I'll stay tomorrow, right now I've got a deadline"
"alright sure, just try and make it home for dinner, you've been having dinners alone, it would be nice to have us around. Or maybe just get a boyfriend so we don't have to stuck with you anymore." Her mother jokes and Farah simply rolls her eyes.

******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•~•