*3*

NEIL was way too stunned to say anything. He opened his mouth but couldn't seem to form words, so he closed it back again. It can't be. She can't be the one who's supposed to work on Neil's project. "No fucking way!" She said, "I cannot believe it's you. I thought you went back to India!" She exclaims. She held on to the seat when she felt herself swaying from side to side. "oh I did, but I came back. Long time no see huh, Fay!" He calls her by her nickname. Farah couldn't believe that Neil was standing right in front of her, her high school boyfriend, her ex, the guy she loved and hated. The guy she really just wanted to do nothing with. Yet here he was, standing in front of her, looking just exactly the way did, except he was taller, had broader shoulders, arms looked like they were spent hours on building to look like that, his hair neatly cut and looked messy yet striking. She looked into his eyes, the beautiful light brown eyes still managed to make her melt. "Sit down, it looks like you're gonna faint," Neil said, the corners of his mouth quirked up into a smile. Farah tried to calm her thumping heart. That smile really is something huh? She thought,

She took a seat nonetheless, and he did the same. She folded her arms in front of her chest, drawing attention to her breasts. Neil tried really hard not to look, and Farah seemed to have noticed, so "eyes up here dickhead," she said and gestured to her eyes.

"So, you're the guy who needs someone to fix up his restaurant," she said

"and you're the famous interior designer I suppose," he says, "looks like we'll be stuck together for a while huh?" He smirked, knowing that it would piss her off. And it did. She glared at him, hoping that doing the would be enough to kill the man sitting right in front go her.

"Well that's if I wanna do it and guess what? I don't, so it was not so nice meeting you Neil Reed D'Silva," she stood up abruptly, the chair screeching, making everyone look at her. She muttered her sorries and turned around but was caught off guard when she felt a hand on her wrist. Obviously Neil is holding her, she would know that touch no matter how long it had been since they've seen each other. Her stomach flipped, she felt weird, and she didn't like it. She didn't like the fact that even after years, his touch would still do something to her insides. She turns around and glares at him, her jaws clenched.
God she still looks beautiful, Neil thought. He looked at her face, anger covering her beautiful features. Her hazel eyes were blazing with anger, her full lips turned into a frown, and yet it still didn't matter to him that she was furious. But he shouldn't feel this way, because he hates her just as much as she does, and remembering that, he lets her hand go, "sorry I held you, but Fay listen to me please,"

"why should I?"

"Because I know you wouldn't wanna make a decision without listening. I know you inside out," and that is the truth. He really knows everything about her. From what kinda ice cream she likes, to the size of her, well...lingerie. And just as much he knows her, she knows him too. With a huff, Farah sits back down, looking anywhere but him. "how's your family?" Neil tries to make small talk,

"Talk business. What do you want from me?" She asks with a clipped tone,

"well I don't know, I was thinking you could check my pulse. I've been feeling very hot these days and I'm thinking I have the symptoms of some shitty viral flu, what do you think?"

She looked at him like he was crazy, and maybe he is. He chuckles, "Fay, you're an interior designer, you design people's places,"

"thank you for explaining my job to me. Now, please tell me what the hell you want?" She says angrily,
He takes a sharp intake of breath, "uff, that's exactly why I fell for you," he jokes around, earning yet another glare and he finally talks business, "alright so I'm planning on opening a restaurant here in La Mer. It's already built and it overlooks the sea. Now what I want is for someone to make it look raw and cozy and make it feel homely. Can you do that?" He asks, his tone serious,

"Is that even a question? Of course I can do that. But first, I've got to look at this place, plan a certain colour and design scheme, which will take a few days. Then we'll have to discuss the budget, which, by the way, how much are you willing to spend?"
"I don't mind spending as long as my restaurant looks amazing. It should feel like home" Neil says. Farah looks up and thinks, going through all the pros and cons of working with Neil. What could go wrong, she thought. We both hate each other, so this would be strictly business and nothing else. Yes, his closeness still makes her feel some type of way but that is probably just hate bubbling in her. And so what they dated? It was a high school thing, they haven't seen each other in literally ages, they've moved one, and they definitely can't spark each others feeling again. Right? Weighing all these points, Farah looks back at him. He was looking around, sipping his bubble tea. His facial structure was beautiful; sharp jaw, high cheekbones, and his features were even more beautiful. It was like god took all his time to make this guy. She smiled as she watched, he really looked cute, and she had this weird urge to reach across and poke his cheek. She shook her head and snapped out of it. She hates him and he hates her too and that's that. So nothing can go wrong.

"ok," she says, "ok? Like ok ok? Like you'll do this for me?" He asks, surprised. "I'm not doing this for you, it's my job to do this. So ok, I'll do this. But this is strictly professional" he raises his arms, "completely professional I swear" he assures her. "Now let's see this restaurant of yours."

******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•~•