*5*

FARAH walks into her apartment, plopping down on her couch as soon as she could. She tilts her head back and sighs, massaging her temples. She hears something pop behind, making her scream in fear. Zarah shoots up from behind the couch, "what the fuck Zee?" She screams at her sister who is clutching her stomach as she laughs. "oh god that was funny! I wish I could see your face" she says as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

"How'd you even enter the house?" Farah asks, still in shock. "I just took the extra key from mama and drove here, decided I should spend some time with my big sister," Zarah chimes and batts her lashes at her sister. "alright why're you here? Spill the truth"

Farah knew that if her sister just randomly decides to show up in her apartment, it is because of some problem, most probably a guy problem.

"well, it's this guy from our school and like, I really like him..." she says and looks away.

"who is it Zee? Who is this new guy that swept you off your feet and made you feel like life is great? I bet he's the one!" Farah says sarcastically. Zarah always has guy problems, that was all she could talk about. She would always talk about how the Raymond had taken her to this amazing place, or how Jason was not that great at sex, or how David was a weirdo who did nothing but sit silently and show her computer things. Farah could only wish that this guy was good enough for her baby sister."alright speak," she said,

"Ok so his name is Vihaan, and I met him when I went out with my friends and he is a friend's friend, Ruby's friend, and well we have been talking for days and like went for like two dates and he's a really nice and I wanted him to meet you before I took him to mama and papa," she was shy, and Zarah was never shy when she talked about a guy. Her cheeks would never turn red, she would never look away when talking about a guy, she had never smiled so much while talking about him. Maybe this guy has really made her feel some type of way.

"alright I'll meet him tomorrow" Farah says dismissively. She was too tired to say anything else right now. After meeting Neil today, she didn't know how exactly to feel or comprehend her emotions. She felt excited to design his restaurant, but the exact opposite emotion bubbled inside her heart when she thought about working with him.

"actually..." Zarah starts in a squeaky voice, making Farah sit up and look at her sister suspiciously,

"what is it Zee? What did you do?" She asks, not ready for the answer.

"Alright don't get mad at me please, I know I'm kinda stupid but like please don't forget I'm your baby sister and please don't murder me" Zarah starts begging, silently praying that Farah wouldn't behead her and hang it on the wall of her lavish apartment.

"Zarah Fernandez speak up before I call mama and papa." Farah glares at her sister and threatens her with a stern voice.

"alright stay here" Zarah says before disappearing and reappearing with a tall boy by her side. He was dressed in a white shirt, unbuttoned on the top, showing a little bit of his chest. He paired it with dark jeans and pretty expensive looking shoes. His hair was messy, but not the kind that looked shabby, and he wore a silver chain.

"Zee you did not bring a guy to my house without my fucking permission!" Farah says, exasperated at her sister's behaviour. She tried to get mad at her sister, but the truth is, Farah could never really get angry at her. Everytime she would look at her sister, she'd only be reminded of her 18 year old self, which made her smile. With a sigh, Farah stands up and walks towards the guy, who smiles at Farah and seems unfazed. He pushes a hand forward and Farah looks at it like it's something that isn't foreign to her.

"Hi, I'm Vihaan, it's so nice to finally meet you Ms. Farah," he greets as they shook hands, "oh please, just call me Farah. I may look intimidating but I'm not that big of a bitch people think I am, come sit." Farah says. They all sit down, Vihaan and Zarah across Farah. "Zee why don't you go make something to eat while I talk to him?" Farah smiles at her little sister while Zarah gives the 'please don't scare him or mess this up' look.

"alright Vihaan," she starts once Zarah leaves, "tell me a little about yourself. I know this might seem like an interview or something serious like that but I just wanna make sure you're good enough for my sister. Her heart's been broken one too many times." Farah frowns as she says the last part.

"Well Farah don't worry, I can assure you that I'm not like any of those guys. She's talked to me about them and trust me I do not wanna break her or make her stop believing in love. I really do like Zarah and I want her to be happy." He gives her a genuine smile, making Farah think that he should most probably work for Colgate ads. What he said was so sincere, and it reminded her of what Neil would use to say to her when she felt insecure. She smiled as she remembered a memory of Neil assuring her with sweet words as they cuddled, but then she reminded herself of all the hurtful things he did and shakes that thought out of her head.

"Just promise you wouldn't hurt her?"

"I promise that I will try my best not to hurt her and make her happy for as long as I can," at that, Farah smiled at him and looked towards Zarah who walked back with some snacks. "well, he passed my tests so go ahead and introduce him to the folks," Zarah smiled as big as she could at that,

Farah quickly changed into her Pj's before tying her hair up and lying on her bed, looking up at the ceiling in deep thought, sighing before closing her eyes and surprising herself by thinking of Neil.

******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•~•