*19*

FARAH felt uneasy. Her heart was telling her something bad will happen but she didn't wanna believe it, so shakes this thought out of her head and says, "I'm really sorry I'm gonna go," and before she could walk towards the main doors, Alex says, "oh come on Neil, can't you let your friend be here? Plus, I really wanna impress my date," he says with a smug grin and Neil glares at him. "how about I cook one of your favourites for you Farah? I bet I can make it better than Neil," he smirks and Farah nervously smiles. She knew what Alex was trying to do, and she didn't want him to succeed in doing it but she couldn't really do anything. Alex puts on a chef's coat and gets himself ready. Neil leans in towards Farah's ear and says, "him? Seriously? Don't make this mistake Fay, he's not a good guy, trust me please," Neil pleads with his eyes when he looks back at him and she averts her gaze. She couldn't look at him without feeling guilty. Guilty for lying to Neil, guilty fo lying to Alex, guilty for being with Alex in the first place. And she regretted one thing, which was not telling Neil how she felt about him...

"so Farah," Alex starts, "what would you like to eat?" He asks. Farah clears her throat and says weakly,

"Gulab Jamun," she gives the name of a sweet dish.

"oh Neil's favourite isn't it?" He says smugly and Neil glares at him. "Farah how about you come and help me?" Alex says and pulls her towards his station. They wash their hands before Alex mixes milk powder, all purpose powder and soda in a large bowl. Neil watches them closely, his irritation peaking by the minute. Alex then adds ghee (oil) and the rest of the ingredients like a mix of yogurt, lemon juice and milk before kneading the dough. "Farah let me show you how to do this," he takes her hands and guides her as they knead the dough together. Alex looks towards Neil and smirks at him, Neil's blood boiling. He did everything to calm his temper as he didn't wanna create a scene here even though all he wanted to do was punch Alex's face. Farah felt uncomfortable, but said nothing. This was her punishment, she thought. Feeling helpless was one of the things she hated the most, but right now she didn't do anything to change it.

Alex heated oil in a pan before they made small balls of the dough to fry it. When he placed one ball in the pan, some of the hot oil splattered on Farah's hand,

"fuck!" She hissed and Neil walked towards her as fast as he could. He took her hand in his, examining it. "shit Farah I'm so sorry," Alex says and walks towards her but Neil pushes him away as he worriedly looks at Farah. He places her hand under cold water before asking for an ice pack, "Fay are you ok?" She weakly nods as she hisses in pain. Alex walks towards them and tries to take Farah's hand from Neils but Neil pushes him away yet again,

"what the fuck man!" Alex exclaims, "she's my date, let me fucking take care of her!" He frustratedly exclaims, gaining everyone's attention. "what care?" Neil's voice booms, "you already hurt her," he looks at Farah, "Fay let me take you home," he says as they exit the kitchen through the back door, Alex and Dave following behind them. Alex walks towards them and pulls Farah towards his side. Farah felt like a fucking puppet, a price to be claimed, being dragged by these two guys. A sharp pain shoots through her head and she felt light headed. "fucking hell, Fay come here," Neil says and she starts to walk towards him but Alex pulls her back. "Fay? What's that, her nickname? Y'all dated didn't you?" Alex spits and tears prick Farah's eyes, "Alex leave me the fuck alone," she says and slaps him across his face. Rage overwhelmed Alex as he glared at her. "you fucking bitch!" He raises his hand to hurt her but Neil runs towards them and pushes him away, making Alex fall hard on the ground. Neil takes her hand and starts to walk away when Alex rushes towards them and grabs Neil's coat, pulling him back before punching him square on the jaw. "Neil!" Farah screams tries to stop them from fighting but Dave pulls her back, "don't, you'll get hurt," he says as they watch Neil and Alex fight like animals. Neil punches Alex, blood pouring down his nose as soon as Neil's fist comes in contact with it. "please stop them," Farah begs as she sees blood pouring down Neil's forehead. Dave tries to stop the but gets pushed away, so he gets to call more people from the kitchen.

Farah sobs, tears pouring down her eyes heavily. She marches towards them and tries to pull Neil away, but in their fight, Alex pushes her away hard, her head coming in contact with the cold hard ground, instantly causing her to go unconscious. "Farah!" Neil screams, rushing towards her as soon as he could. He takes her limp body in his arms and looks at her worriedly. He turns his head to look at Alex spitting blood, his smug grin not leaving his face. Neil runs towards him and punches him hard, knocking Alex out of his senses, causing his body to fall on the ground with force. Neil carries Farah in his arms before asking Dave and the rest of the chefs to take of everything. He puts her in the backseat of his car and wastes no time and getting to the driver's seat.

Neil parks his car in the hospital parking and was about to carry Farah in when a nurse catches his eye. He explains everything to her and watches as a few nurses come by and pick her body before putting her down on the stretcher. He walks into the with his bloodied chef's coat, a nurse assisting him as much as he could. He reaches for his phone in his coat pocket and dials his dad's number and tells him everything. He tried to call Farah's parents and prayed that they picked up and after the third ring, he did, "Hi uncle, it's Neil," he says weakly,

"oh hi son, haven't heard from you in a long time, how're you?" Farah's father chimes,

"I'm well, I'm fine uncle but," he sighs a heavy hearted sigh, "uncle Farah is in the hospital," the other line was silenced, "uncle?"

"what happened to my daughter?" He asks frantically. Neil tells him that she fell and is now unconscious. He doesn't tell him how. He didn't know how to tell him that all this happened because of an asshole she went on a date with. He looks up when the doctor comes out,

"you can see her now,"

*****
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•~•