Hunter Exam VII

(Y/n) POV:

The airship soon left, leaving all of the applicants on the top of the tower. The tower, or as they said, 'Trick Tower', was in the middle of a large forest. I was not that knowledgeable about forests so I don't know the name of these woods. I stood in my spot for a few seconds taking in the place we were at. I have to find a way to get inside the tower.

I looked around to see majority of the applicants still on top. I had noticed a few applicants were missing including the clown and Illumi. One-fourth of the applicants had made it in. I was in the remaining three-fourth applicants. I then looked down onto the ground and really focused on all the noises in my surroundings. I could hear people walking, talking and panicking. 

~Time skip 5 mins~

Someone tried to climb down from the side of the tower but these ugly bird-looking flying creatures came and grabbed the man away from the tower. So climbing down is not an option. I could jump down from the tower, land safely and literally pass this phase with ease but I don't want to intimidate anymore people because then I'd have no chance to get an ally when needed for missions. I kept looking at the floor analyzing more and more noises.

It was at this moment, I caught an unfamiliar sound. I looked in the direction of the noise and saw someone on the edge of the building squatting down. They were pushing a floor tile with their hands. The tile seemed to move and it opened an entrance and quickly closed back up. The man smirked at ease and stood up, getting ready to push the floor tile and jump in. Not today.

I ran at full speed and reached there in a matter of seconds then stood in front of him smiling like an innocent girl who had never seen blood in her entire life. The man looked up from his approach to the door too meet me giving him a close-eyed smile. He scoffed at me for a moment then started looking at my facial features. His eyes travelling everywhere, even my ripped shirt which exposed my (f/c) bra. He then moved to my face again.

My eyes were wide open, I was glaring at him with my expressionless look, my aura making him fear me more. "a-a-aren't y-you the gi-girl who k-killed two p-people in the s-second p-phase-?" He asked me. To which, I gleefully nodded in reply. I then gave him another smile and pushed him off the side since he was taking up too much of my time and I didn't have any minute to waste because of my bet.

I saw him fall to his death and then lay lifeless there. He didn't scream since I used my stretchy-sticky aura to close his mouth and send him to the end of his life. I focused on the door now and looked at him for the last time. He was now food for vultures. I shook my head and now starting analyzing the door. 

I pushed it a bit from the side and it seemed to move. So now I stood up, looked around to make sure no one was watching me, closed my eyes and jumped on it with less than half of my strength.

I was quickly dropped into a dark room. I landed gracefully, opened my eyes and immediately went on high alert. I used gyo to find any aura nearby me. 

I looked around for a few seconds before the lights in that room, which I didn't even know were there, turned on and brightened the whole room. My eyes squinted for a few seconds then adjusted to the brightness and started taking in the surroundings. 

The room was built out of stone, there was a small stone ledge which had a wristband with a blank screen kept on it, a statue of a woman with a sharp horn on her head and an open mouth which held a small speaker and a huge singular door.

"Welcome to Trick tower." The speaker from the statue's mouth spoke grabbing my attention. "I am Lippo, your third phase examiner and the prison warden." Lippo began speaking. "You have chose the hardest route of trick tower." He continued speaking and this certain line caught my attention. Hardest route huh? Let's see what we got here.

"Before you speak any further, may I ask what the wristband is for?" I said asking him the question that's been on my mind since I looked around in this room. "You have to put on the wristband and then you can see for yourself." Said Lippo and the stone ledge started moving slowly towards where I was standing. It was moving very slowly and it wasted my time so I just walked till the ledge, grabbed it from my hands and put it on my left wrist. As soon as I put it on, it started displaying numbers. 

70:32:48

"These numbers display the amount of time you have left." Said him and I stared at it for another 10 seconds which clearly showed the seconds moving. I was about to start examining it when the huge door started opening. I got a bit startled but quickly regained my conscience. 

"Now you may proceed." 

I nodded at the small camera implanted on the statue's horn which was almost unnoticeable and started walking through the path that had opened for me.

~Time skip 10 minutes~

I have been dodging traps, doing obstacles and walking for 10 minutes straight. I thought it wasn't so hard, you just need stamina and common sense to cross it this far.

The same route-pattern kept going on for another 5 minutes before I reached a huge empty room with 1 door on each side. The room was absolutely massive and could fit all of the applicants here. Now what?

I entered the room and looked around, starting to observe the environment. The path from which I entered started closing. Wow, guess I'm stuck.

I was just about done looking around when the door to the left of the door from which I entered, started opening.

I paid all my attention to the opening door as I prepared aura knives, one in each hand and stared at the door waiting for someone or something to come out. I prepared myself for a fight since I could hear heavy footsteps coming this way.

Not long after, a large person with a grey cloth, covering them till their knees and handcuffs restraining both hands came out. "You will now have to spar 3 of the strongest prisoners here. Each hour you waste here, will reduce a year from their sentences." Said Lippo from the small speaker in the upper corner of the room attached with a camera. I just sighed heavily.

The prisoner's hands broke free from the handcuffs and they removed the grey cloth covering them.

This is exhilarating.

The cloth removed to reveal a man who looked he was in his late 30s, he had blonde hair and grey eyes. No facial hair. He was very buffed up and looked arrogant. He doesn't have that strong of an aura so it's safe to assume he doesn't know what nen is.

But you could never be too sure so I asked him straight up about nen. "Oi, do you know what nen is?" I asked him in a normal tone. "Who cares what that is, I'm going to rip you apart in pieces." He said reaching his hand out for me.

In a matter of milliseconds, I realized this was the least dangerous criminal in Yorknew, Kohina Haaede. He wasn't that dangerous of a criminal but he gained himself the title of a criminal in Yorknew where even more dangerous people are found. He was something to look out for but not for me. He was known for murder, his most used technique was to twist his victim's neck till it snaps and they die.

Well this is interesting, I only have 6 hours left to complete my bet that I made to myself or else I'm literally going to put myself in a life-or-death situation. This situation here is not bad, I have certain victory over these fools who think of themselves as 'strong'....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellllooooo my lovelies!!!! This is the third update of the week! Hope you all are enjoying this fiction so far!! I'm sorry this doesn't have that much of Illumi but you know we'll see him in the fourth phase doncnvobgo anyways-

Till the next time,

Author-chan out!