XII

"Mila wake up, sweetie." Vincenzo shook Mila gently, trying to wake her up. He had been trying for the past twenty minutes, but Mila seemed to love her sleep.

"It's pitch black outside, not even the sun wants to come up. Why the fûck should I be up?" Mila shot up as the sound of an alarm blaring, echoed through her ears. She cupped her ears with her hands. Mila opened her eyes and stared at the window, she was right. "Oh my fûcking god what is that god awful sound, Jesus."

"Oi! Do I have to wash your mouth with soap?" Vincenzo asked sternly as he narrowed his eyes at her, clearly surprised by her language.

"No." Mila grumbled. Well, what did he expect, Vince interrupted her beauty sleep.

Vincenzo nodded his head in acknowledgment. He clapped his hands together as she sat up straight. "Are you excited for school today?"

"No." She blinked and slowly tried to close her eyes.

Vince shook his head and tapped her nose to wake her up. "Get up, missy moo." He reminded her as he continued to pester Mila.

"I'm up." Mila reluctantly got out of bed and got ready for the day.

Mila walked to the dining room and saw her family there. Francesco massaged his temple with two of his fingers. Lorenzo was in the kitchen cooking some food. Gio sat next to Francesco and started eating cereal while scrolling through his phone. Her twin's eyes were drooping; Luca face planted in his cereal bowl. He let out a shriek and cursed under his breath. Alessandro and Vincenzo walked out in Armani suits ready to go to work.

Riccardo walked up to her and pecked her forehead. "Have a good day, sweetheart." Mila nodded, still too tired.

Alessandro kissed the crown of her head. "If anyone says or does anything, I want to be the first person to know. I'm never too busy for you, so don't think about my job, okay? I hope you have a good day. Enjoy your first day of school, bumblebee." Alessandro rambled, informing her of everything she needed to know for her first day. Mila was still frowning at her new nickname.

He chuckled and hugged her. "You're always so bubbly and happy, hence the name bumblebee." Mila smiled, it was a meaningful nickname and the best part was that Alessandro gave it to her.

"My turn." Vincenzo pointed to himself. He kissed her cheek and smiled at her. "Stay safe and be good. Have a fun day, baby."

Lorenzo ran up to her and spun her around. He gently placed her down and planted small kisses all over her face. "I love you, baby. I'll miss you! Oops and don't forget to have an amazing day." He exclaimed stretching out some words occasionally.

"Let's get going." Francesco groaned. Gio stifled a laugh along with Mila. Luca had cleaned himself up and started walking with Mila.

"Excited aren't we, twinny?" Luca mocked his enthusiasm.

Mila raised an eyebrow. "Yes, very." She started sarcastically.

Luca clapped his hands. "Wonderful. Welcome to the squad."

The ride to school was peaceful, which didn't happen very often in the Romero family. Mila admired her surroundings, as she took in the beautiful aspect of nature. It was like a picture painted by an artist. She needed a reality check.

Until she saw a black car trailing behind them it didn't take a genius to guess it was her father's men. Especially, since Mila had seen the driver yesterday. She was definitely going to get to the bottom of this.

They arrived at school and all of her brothers walked out like men in black. Francesco opened his door first and put his leg out. He took his black sunglasses from the dashboard and put them on in slow motion. Francesco slowly out of the car slightly bopping his head up and down as if he was listening to music. Gio and Luca copied his mannerisms. Mila laughed and got out of the car the same way, except when she tried to get out, she fell and tripped on her own shoes. Francesco's lips curled upwards as did Gio's. Luca cackled at her attempt to get out.