✩ nine ✩

'pope, we're not stealing the drone. we're borrowing it.' john b said.

'humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.' pope retorted.

'wait did you come up with that?' john b asked.

'no, albert bernstein came up with that but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing.' pope sighed.

'oh.' john b whispered.

'so, which is it? fantasy or reality?' pope asked.

'why are you so weird pope?' jj asked.

'it's fantasy, but possible reality.' kie shrugged.

'reality.' john b said.

'one hundred percent reality.' ivy added.

'virtual reality.' jj said, holding the blunt in his mouth.

pope took the blunt from jj's lips and flung it across the van, 'keep the signal clear.'

ivy leaned back and picked up the blunt, handing it back to jj. 'that's a perfectly good blunt pope, you can't just waste it like that.'

————————————————————————

john b stopped the van on the side of the road, allowing kiara and ivy to step out while jj yelled at pope in the back.

'hey, don't worry. you guys got this.' john b smiled.

'it's not us that i'm worried about.' kie replied.

'it's the two back there.' ivy smiled.

'got it.' john b said.

ivy climbed in the passenger seat while kiara got in the drivers seat, starting the engine and driving towards the impound lot.

————————————————————————

'hello?' kie yelled.

'excuse us.' ivy said, waving her hand up in the air.

kiara and ivy stood at the gate as it opened, watching as a man came out towards them. 'can i help you?'

'hi! um, we actually have a flat tire. i was wondering if maybe you could help us out?' kie asked.

ivy and kiara both faked a smile when the man nodded at them, walking away to get an air pump.

'it's too easy.' ivy whispered.

the security guard then followed ivy and kie to the back of the trailer where the hms was at, 'it's this back one right here. must've been a slow leak or something.'

ivy pretend to crack her neck, looking over where john b, jj, and pope were sitting, she lightly nodded her head, then watched as the boys ran off.

'probably just been sitting in the yard too long.' the guard said.

'yea.' kie agreed.