✩ twelve ✩

ivy stood next to pope at the grill, her eyes wandering, looking at all the kooks surrounding her. her eyes finally settled on a familiar face holding onto a platter, trying to keep the cups balanced.

'pope, pope look!' ivy squealed, hitting him in the arm a few times.

she quickly took off in a sprint towards the boy, 'jj!' she smiled. as soon as he turned around, she jumped up and threw her arms around him.

'hey, i missed you too v.' he laughed, his arms now wrapped around the girl's waist.

after jj set ivy on the ground, he looked her up and down with a smile on his face, 'so you went full kook without us?'

'of course not. let's just say kie gave me a makeover.' ivy laughed.

'and you still look just as gorgeous as ever.' jj smirked.

'enough about me jj, what the hell did he do to you?' ivy asked, referring to the cuts and bruises on jj's cheek.

jj scoffed, 'my dad, he uh, he really has that right jab, ya know?' he smiled.

'jj, come live with john b and i please, we'll get your stuff and you'll never go back. you'd be safer there.' ivy put her hands on either sides of jj's face, slightly pulling him down closer to her.

'i'll be fine ivy, i promise.' jj whispered.

'you're lying jj. i can tell when you lie.' ivy stared at him until he stepped back, still smiling at her.

pope then grabbed jj, engulfing him in a hug.

'woah. unexpected pda there, doctor spock. but uh, hey, love you too man.' jj kissed the side of popes cheek, causing ivy to smile.

'dude i'm sick over all this shit man.' pope whispered.

'you're sick?' jj asked, touching popes forehead with the back of his hand, 'you don't seem sick.'

pope smacked away jj's hand, 'i'm sick on the inside.'

'right, well i already knew that.' jj nodded.

pope looked at jj's face, 'i'm sorry.'

'nah it's fine, it'll heal. it's nothing that hasn't happened before.' jj said.

'no, i shouldn't have let you take the fall man.' pope whispered. 'it's my fault.'

'no, it's not. shut up.' jj said.

'you took the fall for me. i'll tell the truth, go to the cops-' pope started.

'shut up pope! shut up.' jj snapped. 'for once in your life, trust someone else. john b and i got it all sorted out. we're gonna be filthy rich guys. we're back in the g-game baby.'

'wait, wheres john b?' ivy asked.

'you'll see him soon.' jj smirked.

'g-game, i thought we lost the gold game?' pope asked.

'yea, well, we're in overtime now. fourth and one baby.' jj began to walk away from pope and ivy. 'be right back.'

'fourth and one?' pope repeated.

'i'll explain later!' jj yelled.

ivy quickly ran until she was beside jj, who began walking towards sarah cameron, until an older man stopped him.

'yes?' jj asked.

'dewars and tonic.' the man said.

'right away mr dunleavy.' jj smiled.