✩ nineteen ✩

'you sure he got everything?' kie asked.

'every bar.' john b sighed. 'the whole enchilada.'

kie and ivy turned their attention back onto john b, watching as he pulled his cast off, throwing it a few feet away from him. 'look, it's not like i expected a happy ending or some shit.'

'john b-'

'what, kie? it's a hairline fracture. who cares?' john b asked.

'you should care. your arms gonna be messed up for life.' kie continued.

john b stuck his hand up in the air and wiggled his fingers, 'it's fine, see?'

ivy reached down and picked up the cast, sitting down next to john b, cringing at how disgusting it had gotten in the last few days.

'guys! guys! oh god, i ran all the way here.' pope panted.

'you all right?' john b asked.

'how was the interview pope?' jj asked.

'don't ask.' pope panted. 'jb, ivy, look guys, i'm sorry, about everything.' pope said.

'it's fine.' the two mumbled.

'but- but i don't have a lot of time, and i have information that it tactically relevant. so, before i had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for cameron's big plane. because it was too heavy, and it needed a longer airstrip to take off.' pope continued.

'wait.' ivy whispered. 'oh my god.'

'so i'm sitting there in my interview, thinking to myself, hm, why would cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? what could be so heavy to weigh it down?' pope asked.

'the gold.' ivy smiled.

'that's right.' john b smiled.

'exactly! guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go.' pope said.

'guys we can't give up now.' kie smiled.

'what's the plan, big man?' jj asked.

john b looked over and ivy and smiled, 'v?'

'we're gonna finish what dad started. we're gonna steal that shit back.' she smiled.

'hell yea, that's my girl! let's go!' jj yelled.

'let's do this!' pope hollered.

'come on guys!' kie laughed.

kie, jj, and pope followed behind ivy off the dock, 'come on jb, we aren't loosing now!'

the smile reappeared on ivy's face as john b ran towards them. she then turned around and ran towards the drivers side door, stopping and looking at john b.

john b smiled, 'you're driving?'

'hell yea.' ivy smiled back.

'go for it kid.' john b said, pulling the keys out of his pocket and throwing them to her.

jj then reappeared outside the chateau, his backpack in his hand as he got in the twinkie.
'uh, so, what happened with you not driving?'

'well, i guess it's time for that to change, plus, if we see ward at all, i'm clipping him.' ivy smiled.

'fair enough.' jj laughed.

———————————————————————

'we go in there, guns ablazin, make ward cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible, and vamonos, get the hell out of there.' jj said.