✩ sixteen ✩

ivy, kie, and sarah all sat in the twinkie, john b's drawing of the well in kiara's hand.

'this looks like a 5 year old's drawing.' ivy snorted, attempting to hold in her laughter.

'who drew this?' sarah laughed.

'who do you think?' kie asked, all of them looking over towards john b.

their attention was then diverted to jj, who threw the three bars of gold onto the floor of the van, 'kie, this better work. we cant pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it.'

'it's gonna work.' kiara replied, picking up the blow torch next to her and aiming it at jj.

———————————————————————

ivy, jj, and kiara all stood around the pot, smiling at each other as they watched the gold slowly melt until it was a hunk of gold.

not long after, jj was shaking the pot until the gold fell into the rag in his hand, a smile appearing on his face as he ran to the twinkie.

———————————————————————

jj was the first one out of the van, 'hell of a job melting it down, dr frankenstein.'

'like you could've done any better.' kie scoffed.

'i could've done much better. i took a welding class.' jj fired back.

'oh really, when?' kie growled.

john b stepped between the two, stopping the bickering before any unwanted attention was brought to them. 'chill out, ok?'

'it's easy for you to say that. you're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. how did i get this job anyway?' jj scoffed.

'cause you're the best liar.' pope added.

ivy followed quickly behind jj, 'i'll go with you then.'

the two then walked into the store, a woman's attention immediately going towards them.

'afternoon ma'am.' jj nodded.

'good afternoon.' ivy smiled.

'afternoon.' the woman said.

'i see you buy gold.' jj said.

'that's what the sign say, don't it?' she asked.

'well, sure hope you buy a lot of it, because we're about to blow your mind.' jj smiled.

'i ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it.' the woman said, cocking her eyebrow.

jj pulled the wrapped up gold out of his backpack, setting it on the counter, 'how bout them gold apples?'

'that's ain't real. it can't be.' the woman laughed.

'that ain't real? feel how heavy it is.' jj rolled his eyes. 'here let's get some light on that.'

'spray painted tungsten.' the woman said.

'spray painted tungsten? really, ok.' jj sighed.

'just see how soft it is.' ivy suggested.

the woman grabbed a pick and hammer, 'you mind?'

'no, go for it.' ivy said.

she tapped the hammer, causing it to create a dent in the gold chunk.

'wow, would you look at that.' jj gasped.

'hold your horses. we ain't got to the acid test.' she said.